Official says crowd of 25,000 expected for Tulane-UTSA football

Harry

UTSA technically isn’t bowl eligible until next year.

But UTSA coach Larry Coker said Monday that a bowl bid is possible with a strong finish.

Coker also said UTSA’s home attendance could be a factor.

North Texas (6-3, 4-1) and Rice (6-3, 4-1) are the other teams tied for first in the C-USA West.

As the hottest team in the West with four straight wins, North Texas hosts UTEP (1-7, 0-4) on Saturday in another intra-division matchup.

Rice, beaten last week by North Texas, has an open date.

Read more http://blog.mysanantonio.com/utsa/2013/11/official-says-25000-is-expected-for-tulane-at-utsa/

UTSA is the new Northeast Louisiana University of Monroe. I hate them already. Though I have been to San Antonio several times I have no idea where this UT System dropping's campus is. At least Lame-O had a swamp on campus.

It's out by Sea world.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Since there is no way they could have a swamp in that arid place, couldn't they have put in a Lazy River like at Hyatt Hill Country? At least TX State has a river and springs. I can't properly hate on them in place of Monroe unless they have something that makes me almost want to like them. Connection via roller coaster to Fiesta Texas would do it.

• Upvote 1

I have investigated their location and as if being in San Antonio wasn't enough, the main campus' ready access to the Leon Creek Greenway provides enough jealousy to adequately fuel my rage and hatred of utSA. It is too bad that an away game would not involve going anywhere near the campus though. This should not be an object of pity however; only spite. They are like a panhandler with a cool hat but a detestable attitude and a foul odor.

• Upvote 1