I just heard the ticket say something about Don Mcgee, did they say he got cut from the practice squad? I just heard his name, but didnt hear the story.

The last I heard from yesterday, Jeff Sanchez got cut from the team when they signed Andrew Davison. I read in the paper that the Cowboys would probably try to sign Sanchez back to the practice squad after he cleared waivers, and if so, McGee (still listed as "wide receiver" on the Cowboys website today) was likely going to be the odd man out. sad.gif

Edited by Greenblood94

I'm still waiting to hear from him and a couple of others. I knew something was down on Wednesday, but wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth before going public.

To answer a few questions/comments above. 1. No, a player does not get paid for the whole year after being cut unless they are a five year veteran (4 credited seasons). Rookies are SOL.

2. Where does he go from here, depends on what is said if and when he is released. Is he completely let go (thanks it didn't work) or do they say we're going to bring you back as soon as we have a slot open or do they say we want to assign you to Europe in January and bring you back to camp next year? Finally, another team could pick him up and put him on their practice squad or 53 man roster. I don't know, but we'll have to wait until it actually happens.

Well, its official.  Screw the cowpukes.  I hope they lose the rest of their games this season.  When they get a real QB, draft better, and sign a good CB, I may be able to overlook them releasing Don.

Till then, GO TEXANS!!!

Yeah, keeping Don on their practice squad was their ticket to the Super Bowl, but they sure screwed that up now... blink.gifwink.gif

Well, its official.  Screw the cowpukes.  I hope they lose the rest of their games this season.  When they get a real QB, draft better, and sign a good CB, I may be able to overlook them releasing Don.

Till then, GO TEXANS!!!

The NFL is a business and you can't hold cutting Don a personal thing against them. He could have chose some other teams that did not have such a good young secondary and would have had a better chance of making the team. He wanted to be a Cowboy and took that risk.

I don't understand your comment about signing a good CB, with Ross back after the bye week, there will be 3/4's of a secondary that are rookies or second year players and all have pro-bowl if not all-nfl potential. (With the other having his place in the Ring of Honor secure.)

Yeah, keeping Don on their practice squad was their ticket to the Super Bowl, but they sure screwed that up now...  

Funny post. laugh.gif

Edited by IronMan4

Till then, GO TEXANS!!!

I'm right there with ya Rudy...screw the cowgirls and go with the team that holds Texas's professional state title....GO TEXANS!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Not talking about you twodogs, because I know you are from the Houston area, but it will be funny to see all the Cowboy haters either be men and eat crow or do the usual bandwagon jumping once the Cowboys get good again. It's nice when your team sucks because you can look around and see who is still there and know who the real fans are. Of course losing seasons are a lot easier to tolerate when you have 5 super bowl wins to remember..I don't know how long the 19-10 can carry Texans fans. wink.gif

At least Dallas actually supports their professional football team.

IIRC, this is not Houston's first attempt at an NFL franchise.

(But hey, Houston sports isn't without some certain level of "Greatness." They did pull off the greatest choke job in the history of organized, or unorganzied, sports, choking away a 40-something point lead to Boof-alo, in less than a half. Shame too...woulda really enjoyed seeing how badly Dallas woulda put the hurt on the Oilers that year.)

Ahhh yes, Im a typical Cowboys fan. If by typical you mean someone who follows them through their hard times, then yes I am. I have been a big Cowboys fan all my life. One of my earliest memories is watching a game with my dad. I think I have earned the right to be pissed and need a break from them.

(But hey, Houston sports isn't without some certain level of "Greatness."  They did pull off the greatest choke job in the history of organized, or unorganzied, sports, choking away a 40-something point lead to Boof-alo, in less than a half.  Shame too...woulda really enjoyed seeing how badly Dallas woulda put the hurt on the Oilers that year.)

It was a 32 point lead...and even if the Oilers had won that game, I doubt they woulda gotten past Pittsburgh or Miami - both on the road.

Yes, there are many bandwagon jumpers that style themselves Cowboys fans when it is the "in" thing to do, as is evidenced by this very thread (and yes Rudy, "taking a break" counts, and once you publicly announce you are now cheering for the Texans, you are not a Cowboys fan).

However, the Cowboys have a large and loyal following, of which I am one. I have stood and will stand by the Boys, Rangers and Mavs no matter what thier record is, and those of you on this board who have tried to take shots at any of them know how fast I came to thier defense. I even defend the Rangers...nuff said.

Nothing blew my mind like when I would go to Mavs games a few years ago, buy 5 buck tickets and sit on the front row, yet had to camp out overnight for the very same seats once they made the playoffs. D/FW fans are as fairweather as they come (possibly on LA worse?), and sometimes I am embarassed to be considered one. Even North Texas fans should know this (that D/FW only loves a winner).

But to say that Cowboy fan = oymoron is a little bit of an overstatment or this thread would have died long ago when nobody cared someone dared compare a second year franchise to the greatest ever. The Cowboys have a loyal fan base though Rudy is clearly not one of them. The good part of a team sucking and the bandwagon is clearing out is you can take a look around and see who is on the bandwagon and have a smile. It also make the good times that much more worth it. I remember when the Cowboys and Mavs sucked WAY back in my childhood and I would still stay up all hours to watch every game with my parents (my mom watched every Rangers game in it's entirety this year unless there was a UNT game that day). The smile won't be there when people like Rudy host Super Bowl parties when the Boys are back in it, and the real fans will be a little upset with how many Boys fans there suddenly are. Guess it's just the way things are around here. I kinda wish D/FW fans were like Chicago fans, but that will never happen.

IronMan4, for what it's worth, I was a Cowboys fan since the franchise started. With the exception of my tour of duty overseas in '70-'71, my Sundays were always spent watching and rooting for the Cowboys during the season.

The it happened. Jerry Jones, the marketing guru, owner, former jock, and sometimes sideline coach, completely turned me off to the 'Boys when he let Jimmy Johnson get away. I have never forgiven him for that. Then the absolutely dumb coaching hires he's made, including Barry Switzer, Super Bowl win and all. Barry destroyed the discipline that Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson had established on the Cowboys teams. Do I still watch them. Sure, when I have nothing better to do.

Aaron, Los Angeles fans are pretty bad. They support the Lakers pretty well(but who knows when they lose) but that's about it. Well, to be fair...there are alot of USC and UCLA grads that support their schools...BUT it's hard for the Bruins to ever sell out the Rose Bowl, even with a massive enrollment and alumni base(not to mention just the insane amount of people out here). They do a great job of selling out Pauley Pavillion(even this last year when they were so bad), but USC doesn't draw flies for their basketball program.

It's kinda funny because Anaheim has pretty loyal fans, they just have a much smaller fan base to tap from. They are looked down upon by alot of "LA fans"...because they're dwarfed by the big city.

BTW...I don't like the Cowboys, and never really did. I went into a state of depression the years they won it all, and their current state gives me great joy. That said, I hated all the fair weather fans that hated them when they were down and then jumped on the bandwagon when they won.

Edited by CMJ

It wasn't that he let Tom Landry go... it was that Tom Landry was itting at home watching tv with his wife and found out he was fired from watching the news. Jones had such little character that he didn't even bother to pick up the phone and call him to tell him. They lost me there and as long as Jerry Jones is making money off of the Cowboys I will never put a dime in his pocket. That is just me, he has come out and apologized for a lot of his past mistakes including firing Jimmy and cheating on his wife; but he has never apologized for that one unforgivable act. Maybe if he did than I would come back but his ego will never let him do it. Add that to the fact that he refused to put Tex in the Ring of honor until after he was deathly ill and now Tex will never get the applause that he deserved; and couple that with all of the ex-Cowboy GREATS that Jones refuses to put in the Ring of Honor because they were not part of his teams. He is the devil and I will not root for his team. If Steven Jones were to take over I would come around, he is a nice, level headed man with class. It is really easy for Jeey to try and make up for this stuff now that his team sucks; but his actions while he was on top were attrocious. I will cheer for my suck ass Chargers (originally from San Diego) until he shows me a sincere change and a huge apology to the Landry family for firing the only coach the Cowboy's had ever known through the 6:00 o'clock news because he was too chicken sh!t to pick up the phone and tell him himself. Landry needed to go.... the way it was done is just about unforgivable but until an apology is actually extended then we will never really know. I know that I am proabbly in the minority on this ordeal but it hurt Tim so bad that he wouldn't even step foot in Texas Stadium for 8 years. The only reason he did then was because he respected the Ring of Honor, not Jones; and the only reason Jones put him in was to try and take the attention off of a very bad team and try to make money off of the occasion.