Tee Goree lists UNT as favorite

Come be a part of this thing Tee.

We're losing our top 2 receivers this year to graduation and we're not necessarily loaded behind them. Carlos Harris has stepped up already, and Kidsy is showing what he can do, but other than those two, no one is proving themselves. You've got a chance to come in here and compete right away.

Bringing Tee and Fonzale in would be a huge boost to our offense for next year. Read jnto the 247 crystal ball predictions as much or little as you want, but it's big that a Colorado insider predicted him to us since Colorado and Colorado state have gone after him the hardest right there with us.

Goree has the speed to be a burner and is a pretty solid route runner for a high school kid. Hope we get him and his teammate Rutherford.

• Upvote 1

On a similar subject, was it just me that saw Nick Schrapps in a #82 jersey and jeans last Thursday night? Another redshirt year for Nick?

He isn't on the team anymore. I see him, Xavier Kelley, and Brad Horton playing basketball at Pohl a lot. Usually during the time the football team is practicing. He also isn't on the roster anymore.

Going into spring practice this year we'll have just 6 scholarship receivers. Carlos Harris, Darvin Kidsy, Darius Terrell, Derrick Teagarden, Turner Smiley, and hopefully Rod Lancaster back from injury. This is assuming we don't bring in any mid-term enrollee JUCO receivers. Lancaster has been injured almost his entire two years here, but hopefully he can make a comeback.

Fonzale and Goree will compete for a starting spot if they come in and Rutherford, Goree's teammate, could get some immediate playing time as well. Reel in those three guys and we'd be as set at wide receiver as we could hope to be despite losing the receivers that we do.

• Upvote 1

What's the story on Schrapps and Kelley?

Come to UNT Mr. Goree.

As far as why they quit I'm not exactly sure. Kelley quit last year iirc and I think he may not have gotten his scholarship removed but he's still at UNT. Horton quit because of a shoulder injury but if I had to assume I'd say they quit because they were buried on the depth chart and lost the love for the game. It happens. You don't hit on all of your recruits but that's okay.
  • Upvote 1

He isn't on the team anymore. I see him, Xavier Kelley, and Brad Horton playing basketball at Pohl a lot. Usually during the time the football team is practicing. He also isn't on the roster anymore.

Going into spring practice this year we'll have just 6 scholarship receivers. Carlos Harris, Darvin Kidsy, Darius Terrell, Derrick Teagarden, Turner Smiley, and hopefully Rod Lancaster back from injury. This is assuming we don't bring in any mid-term enrollee JUCO receivers. Lancaster has been injured almost his entire two years here, but hopefully he can make a comeback.

Fonzale and Goree will compete for a starting spot if they come in and Rutherford, Goree's teammate, could get some immediate playing time as well. Reel in those three guys and we'd be as set at wide receiver as we could hope to be despite losing the receivers that we do.

I'd still be surprised to see Goree wind up at North Texas, but if he does, whoa. That'd be a big get. Rutherford would be really nice, too.

One great thing about them is they're accustomed to playing in an under-center, play-action offense. Those freakish numbers they have don't come from a spread.

• Upvote 2

When I talked to UTSA commit Bogenshultz, I told him about him about UTSA/UNT game, and he mentioned he was going to try and attend. Later Rutherford and Goree mentioned making the trip an unofficial one along with Bogenshultz.

Keep him close to family, immediate time on the field a sincere possibility, playing across from his HS buddy for another 4 years. Could be a combo no other school can match.

• Upvote 1

When I talked to UTSA commit Bogenshultz, I told him about him about UTSA/UNT game, and he mentioned he was going to try and attend. Later Rutherford and Goree mentioned making the trip an unofficial one along with Bogenshultz.

Keep him close to family, immediate time on the field a sincere possibility, playing across from his HS buddy for another 4 years. Could be a combo no other school can match.

Do you live in Carthage or get the chance to see them play? If so, what is your take on Bogenschultz?

Edited by UNTLifer

North Texas will regret not offering Bogenschutz.

He runs an under-center, pro-style offense based on play-action. His coach was Ryan Mallett's offensive coordinator at Texas High.

He's valedictorian of his class. The only drawback is he's not quite 6-foot-1. He can make all the throws and already makes checks at the line virtually every down. He checks their line into protections and adjusts route combos based on what he sees at the LOS.

Goree tweets he's visiting Denton today.. What a sick group of WRs we would have if we could land him to go along w/ Davis & Kidsey

Goree is ours to lose at this point if he's coming to Denton today. Announcing in just 17 days.

If we can pull goree and his teammate Rutherford then we'd be set. And don't forget about ole Carlos Harris having a great year.

Edited by BillySee58

Please please please. What I like about Goree and Rutherford is their size. It'd be nice to have a couple of 6'+ guys out there

Exactly. After this year our only returning receivers over 6' tall are Darius Terrell and Rod Lancaster, who we know very little about since he's been injured his two years here. Would be nice to add size to compliment our quick guys.