ESPN projection: Notre Dame vs. UNT in HODallas Bowl

Harry

Heart of Dallas

(Big Ten vs. C-USA) Notre Dame vs. North Texas BOWL (MATCHUP) Mark Schlabach

Read more: http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

I don't believe this will happen. But if UNT were to beat Notre Dame in a bowl game, look for sellouts or near-sellouts next year for every game. That would be the largest win for this program in history and it wouldn't even be close.

• Upvote 7

For very selfish financial reasons, this is the bowl I want if we are not playing in the Liberty Bowl. Hell, I wish we could win CUSA and play in the HOD bowl.

Norte Dame would be a dream match up, not to mention a VERY intriguing football match up.

For recruiting purposes, I think this is the much better bowl for us. More local publicity.

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 4

Notre Dame would likely decline

I don't think so... When is the last time they have been in Texas? They need to rekindle their recruiting down here. They have a ton of donors and fans here and that would be a mistake IMHO.

We all would give our last whatever for this. I would probably give even more than that. The Law of Probability has a very different view but, more importantly the Law of Notre Dame will not be remotely possessed by this possibility. So, enjoy the dream and wish for a pony under the Christmas tree but it ain't gonna happen in our lifetime. No way. No how...

Nope...not trying to take 90's place.

Edited by Greenrex

I don't think so... When is the last time they have been in Texas? They need to rekindle their recruiting down here. They have a ton of donors and fans here and that would be a mistake IMHO.

Didn't they play a game at the Deathstar last year or two years ago? If not then I thought they had an agreement to play a game or two in the coming years at the Deathstar.

Yes, it would be great but how did Notre Dame get in the B1G lineup? They are basketball members of the ACC and I'd guess that's where they qualify.

The most likely candidates seem to me to be Iowa, Minnesota or Indiana. If they don't have enough qualifiers they might could use Maryland or Rutgers (who join next year).

They don't need the money and they've declined bowls in the past. Playing in The HOD vs North Texas really doesn't benefit them.. Besides they draw well , another bowl would scoop them up 1st regardless of their record

They just played Arizona St here last month

Edited by NT03