Friday Night, kinda awesome... kinda sad

hickoryhouse

Wife went to be early, just hanging out with the dogs and watching the recording of the game last night with a little bit of wine. Gotta say this is the way to do it, enjoying the game a second time and trying to remind myself not to yell at the tv and wake the wife....

Love seeing all these plays again and can't wait to see The Stand! Even though obviously nothing is going to change since last night, something about the history of this program recently makes me hope that last night wasn't a dream.... Or that could be the wine talking...

• Upvote 2

Ok, so of you who were at the game, did you all, as I did, know after the 7th play of the stand, that the 8th play would also hold them? Just wondering. I'm not really sure when they whole thing started to become...knowledge.

Myself and the students around me weren't sure. We were kind of hushed, then loud then hushed again. It was mind-boggling apprehensive on that end.

• Upvote 1

I was watching from the other endzone and we knew in our heart of hearts as an endzone cheering section that after 7 stops we were going to get that 8th one. Honestly, I feel like we all felt that confidence after that penalty too, not as much but it grew with each passing down... it was an amazing feeling. every stop made it more real, every tackle made the realization that we were seeing something special more clear. In the end that penalty might end up being a good thing for us, because of that our confidence in the team as a fan base was galvanized, and I hope that if there was any doubt in that locker room, which I doubt there was, it all went away at that moment.

And what a great moment, what a great feeling and I love feeling confidant in my team again! Not since Booger and co. have I felt, we got this.... right now and especially after " The Stand"... WE GOT THIS

Edited by hickoryhouse

I was watching from the other endzone and we knew in our heart of hearts as an endzone cheering section that after 7 stops we were going to get that 8th one. Honestly, I feel like we all felt that confidence after that penalty too, not as much but it grew with each passing down... it was an amazing feeling. every stop made it more real, every tackle made the realization that we were seeing something special more clear. In the end that penalty might end up being a good thing for us, because of that our confidence in the team as a fan base was galvanized, and I hope that if there was any doubt in that locker room, which I doubt there was, it all went away at that moment.

And what a great moment, what a great feeling and I love feeling confidant in my team again! Not since Booger and co. have I felt, we got this.... right now and especially after " The Stand"... WE GOT THIS

I had to watch this one from home. Newborns first Halloween, so the wife made me.

I'm not gonna lie, after all the years of disappointment, I thought after the penalty they were gonna score for sure. Just been let down to many times, but man was it so cool having all of my family members jump on board after the stop. They had been basically laughing at how enthusiastic I was about the game all night. Everything changed after that.

I'm trying not to get to crazy yet, because I have been the guy overselling the team since we signed dodge. But man am I getting really close to being that guy again.

• Upvote 1

Have you noticed while watching the Stand, after we finally close them out, the camera cuts to Rice's Head Coach Buddy Hackett showing him mouthing a four letter word for excrement? It was so perfect. I giggled.

Edited by adman

Have you noticed while watching the Stand, after we finally close them out, the camera cuts to Rice's Head Coach Buddy Hackett showing him mouthing a four letter word for excrement? It was so perfect. I giggled.

Buddy Hackett - that's EXACTLY who I thought he looked like! Yes, I saw that!

Sat down with my cup of cofee this mornng saying to myself that I would only watch "The Stand", and ended up watching pretty much the whole game, with only a little fast-forwarding.

Ok, so of you who were at the game, did you all, as I did, know after the 7th play of the stand, that the 8th play would also hold them? Just wondering. I'm not really sure when they whole thing started to become...knowledge.

Here's the problem: The Stand could only end on a turnover play.

Those referees were certainly going to throw another pass interference flag on North Texas if that ball was thrown anywhere in the end zone, and were going to call unnecessary roughness if we'd caught the quarterback, just like they did at La Tech.

That officiating crew, which had blatantly screwed us at Tulane, and tried to at La Tech and vs Rice should not be allowed anywhere near any more of our games.