Brelan

H-towngreen

If he does not get drafted after this kind of season (and the awesome return seasons he had prior to this season), then all NFL scouts deserve to be fired.

As far as punt/kick returners go he has a good sample size with the pretty much most excellent results possible out there. And even at the NFL level he might be a servicable receiver to boot when you need one.

Edited by outoftown

I can tell you he is not getting much pub right now in the draft scouting world. That's right now. I think part of the reason why is well UNT doesn't get a lot of pub to begin with. Secondly targets he just doesn't get the touches he deserves or demands. If the draft were today with no combine invite for him, he would not be drafted.

He will get a camp invite no matter what as a free agent.

• Upvote 2

Don't blast me for saying it that he wouldn't get drafted right now its just the truth. For him to get drafted he needs more touches and more pub. He needs to get an NFL combine invite or have an off the chart pro day. T.Y ran a 4.37 or somewhere in that range. So Brelan will need to run in the 4.4 range. I bet some scouts will have an issue with his size and the amount of punishment that he has already taken. The drops are a concern, but not a huge one. So right now he has done enough to get a look and a camp invite for sure. More work needs to be done in season and in draft prep for him to get that call on draft weekend.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I can tell you he is not getting much pub right now in the draft scouting world. That's right now. I think part of the reason why is well UNT doesn't get a lot of pub to begin with. Secondly targets he just doesn't get the touches he deserves or demands. If the draft were today with no combine invite for him, he would not be drafted.

He will get a camp invite no matter what as a free agent.

Jub and Hank said there were some scouts from NFL teams at the game last night.

Jub and Hank said there were some scouts from NFL teams at the game last night.

I don't doubt it. If I was an area scout for an NFL team I would have been there too. No reason not to be with two good teams matched up and a chance to look at some players. Don't think they were there to just watch Brelan . I'd imagine they wanted to get a look at Zach Orr, a few of the UNT OLmen, prob Rice's corners as well. It could have been the game that gets a few scouts to start paying attention to him. Basically these scouts are going to collect all their information and report it back up the chain and then come draft season Jan-April they are going to return back to their orgs to discuss what they've seen. You have to hope that Brelan continues to make noise so he stays fresh in peoples minds. That would also mean more success for us.

I hope he continues to play well and gets that draft combine invite. I'm with you guys I think the guy is a tremendous player. I have no doubt in my mind he will get a shot at making an NFL roster, just not sure he will get drafted. To be honest I'd love for him to be drafted, but its not that important. What I want for him most is too succeed in the NFL and to have a long career. For everything he has done for the university and possibly being an all-American I think he deserves that long career. He will truly be missed.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think there is any doubt that Brelan will get a good shot and catch on with someone next year but getting drafted may be tough at his size. His stock is rising an all American selection is possible and a good 40 time could make it happen for him. But rather it’s him, Orr or somebody else this program has to get somebody drafted this year preferably a couple guys. The 9yr drought of bowl games and winning streaks isn’t the only monkey we need to shake. It’s been 10 years since Cody Spencer was taken in the 6th round and that can’t happen if we ever hope to start getting better talent to come play at North Texas. Will we ever be Texas or Alabama ect with 10 plus picks no but if you want to recruit you have to be able to show a kid we can get you the NFL if they work hard enough. We have only had 5 players drafted in the last 30 years a lot of d2 schools have more than that if we ever want to take the next step that has to change. Take nothing away from Patrick, Lance and Craig we need gritty guys like that who fight their way on to NFL rosters but we need to hear this programs name on a regular basis on draft day to start bringing in more talent. I think between Brelan the o-line and the linebackers we have a good shot at ending that streak this year or next if so we have to make it a trend and get someone picked at least every year or two.

• Upvote 1

Depends on his pro day and whether or not he gets a chance to play in a senior bowl really. If he has a good showing and can build some buzz he could be selected in the 6th or 7th. It would probably be better for him though if he goes undrafted and can decide where he wants to go.

seeing as he's getting some all-american KR/PR buzz, I would think he could get into one of the showcase bowls.