UNT-Rice rivalry nickname?

You don't think this will become a rivalry? Conference mates in Texas who always play each other hard?

By conference affiliation we're "rivals" but I think he's eluding to the fact that it will take time for bigger/better/bitter rivalries to develop. Not saying Rice won't be it or one of them but I think rivalries develop naturally over a long period of time.

By conference affiliation we're "rivals" but I think he's eluding to the fact that it will take time for bigger/better/bitter rivalries to develop. Not saying Rice won't be it or one of them but I think rivalries develop naturally over a long period of time.

Its not a rivalry until they put it on the Wikipedia page

I think there's definitely a rivalry. My hatred for Rice began back in 2006(7?) when we played them down in Houston and during half time when their band performed they said something to the effect of "Remember kids, always tip your waiter in DFW as they're most likely a UNT music grad." ....................................................................................

Agree.

As it stands RIGHT NOW, our biggest rivalry in C-USA is Middle Tennessee.

I'd love for LA Tech to get back to relevance and develop something with them, and UTEP/RICE would be nice to rival with as well.

I enjoyed the game but not just because UNT won. Rice is a class team and showed it on the field. I didn't see any trash talking but i saw a team that showed great sportsmanship. After one flag for holding on Rice i saw the player talking to the person he held and patting him on the back. Watching the reaction of our player it was not trash talk. I am proud to be in CUSA with Rice and I look forward to the games in the future.

Agree.

As it stands RIGHT NOW, our biggest rivalry in C-USA is Middle Tennessee.

I'd love for LA Tech to get back to relevance and develop something with them, and UTEP/RICE would be nice to rival with as well.

Hmm.. I'd honestly like to see Rice be a bigger rival than MUTS, they are much more recognizable because of their academics and are a in-statel/ Dallas vs. Houston rival.