Uniform Critics already know what's up.

I love that we finally did something different but I'm not sold on mixing the white in like they did, I felt there was too much black in the pants/body of uniform and jersey sleeves were a little awkward...felt a little cheap to just change helmet stickers. But don't get me wrong, WAY better than our usual home unis. PLEASE LET SOW STAY.

Edited by MDH

Wrinkled $100 alert... I know they made the SOW black on the helmets so it would look out of place kept with our usual uniforms.... But it shoulda been white.

Agreed....the BEST would be a black helmet (matte prefered), white SOW outlined in green, with a black facemask and green chinstrap.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I love that we finally did something different but I'm not sold on mixing the white in like they did, I felt there was too much black in the pants/body of uniform and jersey sleeves were a little awkward...felt a little cheap to just change helmet stickers. But don't get me wrong, WAY better than our usual home unis. PLEASE LET SOW STAY.

Totally agree, good first step, but too much black. The pants needed some stripes. I had a minor Dickey flashback when I saw them.

If we're gonna start bitchin', the helmet was the only thing I'd tweak. The mask shoulda been black with a white SOW outlined in black. We're splitting hairs at this point, IMO.

The Jerseys and pants looked beautiful!

I generally am not a fan of black uniforms when the school colors are not black, but those uniforms looked great tonight. Maybe I just liked them so much because of how much I dislike our normal uniforms, but I loved them. And the SOW on the helmet just proved how much that should be the norm instead of spelling out North Texas on the helmet.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999
  • Upvote 3

The way we played tonight and those great uniforms will really get the attention of recruits. I agree that there was too much black, but it is a great step in the correct direction. After the nation saw that game and now know the SOW is for UNT we need to leave it on the helmet. Those helmets were my favorite part of the uniforms. I still pumped!

• Upvote 3

The way we played tonight and those great uniforms will really get the attention of recruits. I agree that there was too much black, but it is a great step in the correct direction. After the nation saw that game and now know the SOW is for UNT we need to leave it on the helmet. Those helmets were my favorite part of the uniforms. I still pumped!

Yessir!

Rick

I generally am not a fan of black uniforms when the school colors are not black, but those uniforms looked great tonight. Maybe I just liked them so much because of how much I dislike our normal uniforms, but I loved them. And the SOW on the helmet just proved how much that should be the norm instead of spelling out North Texas on the helmet.

https://identityguide.unt.edu/create-our-look/color