Beyond the Green Observations this Season

TheColonyEagle

Honestly, anyone who watches more than 2 episodes would immediately begin pulling for our team. The exposure is incredible.

Such a great job featuring:

a. The great coaching/leadership throughout the program

b. The facilities & direction of the program

c. The various personalities across the team/staff

I love the opportunity this gives the players to experience more opportunity to work with & around sports media - see the filming process, learn how to give an interview that represents themselves and the program well, and even play to the camera on the sidelines offering up phrases that they've found are "documentary gold."

Thank you RV & Co for making this happen!

• Upvote 4

This year's defense is great and is going to lead us to a bowl game. However, what sets them behind the previous bowl team defense is the lack of a Brandon Kennedy.

Apparently a lot of fans either forgot about him, or were not around for him. He routinely beat double and triple teams, against every team we played. Texas? Double team with a running back to chip him. MTSU? He was going to to beat that triple team and strip the ball from the QB.

He never recovered from a late career knee injury or there is no doubt in my mind he would have gone on to a Jerry Ball type of NFL career.

• Upvote 2

This year's defense is great and is going to lead us to a bowl game. However, what sets them behind the previous bowl team defense is the lack of a Brandon Kennedy.

Apparently a lot of fans either forgot about him, or were not around for him. He routinely beat double and triple teams, against every team we played. Texas? Double team with a running back to chip him. MTSU? He was going to to beat that triple team and strip the ball from the QB.

He never recovered from a late career knee injury or there is no doubt in my mind he would have gone on to a Jerry Ball type of NFL career.

Agreed. This year's defense is great and seemingly improving throughout the season, however, Kennedy alone made those defenses a different animal all together. He was such a beast. Literally unstoppable at times.

How many sacks did Booger record against tU's Chris Sims that night?

Rick

I work as a video editor- so I tend to have elevated standards sometimes for watching projects like this. I went into it without much expectation, not knowing if it was locally produced, if they had a budget, etc. But from episode one I have been really impressed with the entire production! This is a really well made vehicle for the program, and could prove to be very effective as PR and recruiting is concerned. I don't know how anyone could come away from watching this, and not be proud of the Mean Green. Coach Mac comes across with an energy and focus that I was not aware of from just watching him on the sideline and in brief interviews- as does the entire coaching staff. I even enjoyed seeing the personal side of team activities, such as the dinners that the OL coach and his wife give to their boys- really proud to be a UNT fan and alum! I will be in the stands Thursday and loving every moment that this mid season "BIG GAME" has to offer.

• Upvote 4

Thanks for the kind words re:Badger. We also think hes is awesome. Love watching, keeps us involved. Well done.

Hey Mitzi - I told Marsha that Mason is kinda like ole Phil Gramm - Don't get between Mason and a camera - He has never seen a camera that he did not like! :thumbsup:

In case you don't know, we are moving to Sulphur Springs and Marsha is already back in Sulphur Springs at the middle school. Her students know she is a Mean Green fan and she has a cousin of Marcus Trice in her class.

She is very proud of Mason and all he has accomplished - as a player and as a person - while at UNT.

GMG

• Upvote 1