Grapevine Bottlecap Alley UNT Watching party update

houstonmeangreen

Well I would like to add my compliments to Houstonmeangreen for putting the whole thing together. My wife Arelene really enjoyed the event, liked the place, and enjoyed meeting some new folks, like Houston and Smoothfresh, as well as old friends like KingDL1 and many of his regular tailgating crew. Yeah, the big screen would have been nice, and we probably deserved it, but felt like I could see the game quite well. And we did get the sound once the UNT game was the first back on after the storm (can't remember the screen; seemed kind of hard to focus on things after that whale of a storm and the broadcast interruption). We all knew pretty well how things would end at that point. Anyway, thanks to Houston for making it happen and a big shout out to all who made it.

• Upvote 1

One thing I forgot to add. And this tells you how perception matters.

I was at the counter ordering something when UNT scored yet again. The crowd let out a loud cheer and the following conversation occurred with a guy next to me at the counter:

"y'all are watching the North Texas fans?"

"Yep"

Whose winning?"

"North Texas, 41-7"

"Who y'all playing?"

"Southern Miss"

"Southern Miss? Really? And y'all are beating them 41-7?!?!"

"Yep, 41-7"

"Really? 41-7 North Texas?"

"Yes, 41-7 UNT"

Shocked look "wow".

Says a lot about the perception of our opposition and of us. Glad to be in CUSA.

• Upvote 3

I had a good time here, but I would want the ability to guarantee the Big screen if we have a good turn out. The price was right and food was good, maybe they just need another big screen or we need a place in the general area that has more than one big screen. My home TV is twice the size as those little screens we were on.