Grapevine Bottlecap Alley UNT Watching party update

houstonmeangreen

My first beer was a Schlitz. Took one sip and poured the rest out never to drink it again. Bought a 12 pack of Black Label in college for less than $5 because that was all the money we could scrounge up, we were hammered and wanted more. Couldn't drink a one of them. There is a difference.

I'd be up for meeting there or anywhere in the Grapevine/Southlake area. Let me know if confirm a place.

It is confirmed...there are 5 TV...one projector and 4 about 42-55 inch TV's ...they are all on the main wall...we will get the smaller tv....UT or A&m or TCU will likely get the biggest screen....anyway, you can watch several games at a time.

Just need a person count so I can get reserved tables before those damn aggies get them.

• Upvote 1

I plan to be there with others not sure of count

Great...looks like anywhere from 12-15 based on current counts on this board...the more the better, I got 3 tables reserved for us right in the center. We know the mgmt well, so this helps. I was there last night...recommend the Hickory bacon burger with cheese...very good...better at $3.00. Should be fun. Will be able to watch several games at the same time...the projector will have the Texas/TCU game on at 7pm and we will have a min of 2 TV's for awhile, then we will probably have one TV (but maybe 2, depending on how many people show up)with other games showing....Let's make a good showing, maybe we can start going to some other games at Bottlecap Alley.

I'll be there at 5:30 to hold our tables. GMG

Edited by houstonmeangreen
  • Upvote 2

Fun time has by all. Thanks to Houston for putting this thing together. We had about 30 people attend. A couple of TU fans really didn't know what to think.

If we do another one here, everyone needs to let Houston (or whoever organizes it) know as much in advance as possible that they will attend. If he could have told the lady that 30 people were coming, we would have gotten the big TV and sound.

Fun times and good food, and an expected blowout road win (when was the last time we could say that?).

Beat Rice.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

Fun time has by all. Thanks to Houston for putting this thing together. We had about 30 people attend. A couple of TU fans really didn't know what to think.

If we do another one here, everyone needs to let Houston (or whoever organizes it) know as much in advance as possible that they will attend. If he could have told the lady that 30 people were coming, we would have gotten the big TV and sound.

Fun times and good food, and an expected blowout road win (when was the last time we could say that?).

Beat Rice.

Thanks so much...we had a great time didn't we.....next time we will get the big projector (I hope)...but it is a great place to watch games and we had a hugh crowd...next hope we even have a larger crowd and I will talk with mgmt and try to get some specials just for us....next time we will do it even BIGGER and BETTER...GMG

• Upvote 1

Thanks so much...we had a great time didn't we.....next time we will get the big projector (I hope)...but it is a great place to watch games and we had a hugh crowd...next hope we even have a larger crowd and I will talk with mgmt and try to get some specials just for us....next time we will do it even BIGGER and BETTER...GMG

I would be up for the Tulsa game.

Caveat is that if we are playing them for a piece of or outright CUSA West Championship, I'll be in Tulsa

• Upvote 1

If they don't give us the big screen I think we should try to move this somewhere else. I'm sure there are other establishments who wouldn't mind changing the channel if it means they could get 30 more customers. I was really surprised that they refused to put the game on the big screen after we had such a good showing.

Thanks for putting it together houstonmeangreen!

• Upvote 1

Or go to ESSC and get ALL the TV's and sound.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2

If they don't give us the big screen I think we should try to move this somewhere else. I'm sure there are other establishments who wouldn't mind changing the channel if it means they could get 30 more customers. I was really surprised that they refused to put the game on the big screen after we had such a good showing.

Thanks for putting it together houstonmeangreen!

Ya, not very good business sense.

I evened offered my.. um... services if she would change the channel.

No deal.

And it may have creeped her out...

• Upvote 1