Grapevine Bottlecap Alley UNT Watching party update

houstonmeangreen

Need to try and get an estimate of the number of people who would like to watch the UNT/Southern Miss game in Grapevine...at the Bottlecap Alley, at 114 and hwy 26. I will talk with the mgr and get us a good table. See add'l info in post os "Southern miss watching part" or post add'l questions here.

$3 burgers, $7 PBR beer, nice place.

Still going to ESSC, but I've been to Bottlecap Alley once, and I really liked it there. The burgers and how you order reminded me of Mooyah's, but didn't require a skipped mortgage payment to acquire. The beer prices were cheap, and the staff was not unpleasant to look at. Smoke free inside, smoking patio outside.

Only caveat is that it's where 26 meets 114, and the construction/traffic can be a bit of a pain.

So, anywho, the point being that for those of you who live in the area, this is a pretty groovy place to be.

• Upvote 3

BTW, the construction 114/26/121 traffic construction nightmare is finally complete. Now you just have to really pay attention to your exits, where you are going, but it has really helped move traffic.

Good to know. The whole reason I know of this place is that 26 is a tertiary escape route for me to get home when 183 gets stupid stuck.

Still going to ESSC, but I've been to Bottlecap Alley once, and I really liked it there. The burgers and how you order reminded me of Mooyah's, but didn't require a skipped mortgage payment to acquire. The beer prices were cheap, and the staff was not unpleasant to look at. Smoke free inside, smoking patio outside.

Only caveat is that it's where 26 meets 114, and the construction/traffic can be a bit of a pain.

So, anywho, the point being that for those of you who live in the area, this is a pretty groovy place to be.

construction mostly resolved now, not like 3 months ago....big difference IMO

Actually, now that I think of it, I have to pick the kid up in Southlake right at 26 & Kimball this evening. Maybe I'll pop in bottle cap for a burger on the way. Thanks again!

If you haven't been over there since the construction has been completed...pay attention to the road signs. One wrong turn and it is a 5 mile back track. Just takes some getting used to but much better than it was, much, much better.

Yes, it is...and PBR is Goooood beer!

Hey, no doubt. If you like it, then it's good beer.

Just kind of funny how attitudes change over time and with different generations. Somebody somewhere with some stroke or "coolness" prounounced it "good" again. You never saw PBR on draft anywhere in Texas in the late 20th century. You'd have as good a chance of finding Schafer or Schlitz as PBR in a "reputable" bar.

Hey, no doubt. If you like it, then it's good beer.

Just kind of funny how attitudes change over time and with different generations. Somebody somewhere with some stroke or "coolness" prounounced it "good" again. You never saw PBR on draft anywhere in Texas in the late 20th century. You'd have as good a chance of finding Schafer or Schlitz as PBR in a "reputable" bar.

Beer is beer. No one tastes beer for the first time and says "man, this is the best tasting stuff ever! Where has it been all my life!"

Just about every first sip of beer ends up on the ground, spat from the mouth of the tastey.

High schoolers drink beer for the results and acquire a taste for it, plain and simple.

So all beer snobiness MUST come from hipster types wanting to seem all haughty-taughty like their wine drinking parents.

After the first one or 2, they all taste the same, be it PBR or the trendiest hipster brew out there.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

Beer is beer. No one tastes beer for the first time and says "man, this is the best tasting stuff ever! Where has it been all my life!"

Just about every first sip of beer ends up on the ground, spat from the mouth of the tastey.

High schoolers drink beer for the results and acquire a taste for it, plain and simple.

So all beer snobiness MUST come from hipster types wanting to seem all haughty-taughty like their wine drinking parents.

After the first one or 2, they all taste the same, be it PBR or the trendiest hipster brew out there.

Do yourself a favor and pour 3 glasses of beer and tell me they taste the same.

Neither are the trendiest hipster brews out there. All are mass-produced and can be found at any wet/semi-wet Wal-Mart anywhere. Please tell me how they taste the same.

1. Guinness Stout

2. Dogfish Head IPA - any one of them

3. Bud-light/Miller-light/Any piss-water light beer

I'm far from a hipster and I refuse to drink certain beers because I just don't like them (Any Stout: I hate chewing on my beers).

But a good Amber or Red ale (be it a mass-produced Fat Tire or Killians, or some trendy, tiny craft brew) will hit the spot for me just like a Dr Pepper.

• Upvote 2

Do yourself a favor and pour 3 glasses of beer and tell me they taste the same.

Neither are the trendiest hipster brews out there. All are mass-produced and can be found at any wet/semi-wet Wal-Mart anywhere. Please tell me how they taste the same.

1. Guinness Stout

2. Dogfish Head IPA - any one of them

3. Bud-light/Miller-light/Any piss-water light beer

I'm far from a hipster and I refuse to drink certain beers because I just don't like them (Any Stout: I hate chewing on my beers).

But a good Amber or Red ale (be it a mass-produced Fat Tire or Killians, or some trendy, tiny craft brew) will hit the spot for me just like a Dr Pepper.

2 or 3 beers in, if you wanted another beer, and the only beer that was available was a Shiner Boch (not the darkest, but dark enough), you wouldn't drink it?

Obviously, dark and light beers are very different. I also personally don't like dark beer. But a dark beer drinker couldn't tell the difference between any dark beers after the first 2 or 3, and wouldn't care.

Beer snobbery is just funny to me. Why?

Because it's beer.

Accidental +1 after reading the first 3 lines. Do you have the same attitude towards "haughty-taughty" burgers that are all the rave now?

Accidental +1 after reading the first 3 lines. Do you have the same attitude towards "haughty-taughty" burgers that are all the rave now?

Ya, kinda. I like a good burger, but some are just going above and beyond to trick the burger up these days.

I believe Rodeo Goat in Ft. Worth was votted best burger by either D Magazine or the Fort Worth Magazine. Can't stand their burgers. Every single one is tricked up to the max, and the tast is very average.

But, since they found the latest way to trick it up, they get best burger in Ft Worth. Just asinine.

Give me a good old Charlie's burger any day of the week over that snooty W. 7th St. crap any day of the week.

You shut your whore mouth.

I'll catch you about 10:30 on a Saturday night, offer to buy you a beer, and then bring you a Coors Light. You'd drink it like it was shower water rolling off Necessary Roughness era Kathy Ireland's boobs.

And you know it.

Whose the whore now?

lay off that beer is beer crap Mike.... there wouldn't be beer ratings sites galore if that statement were true. The funny thing is that so many of these better tasty and better quality brews barely cost more than the blue-collar beer of choice you put in your gullet. Call it beer snobbery all you want but there is a distinctive difference in the quality of brews. There is also a massive difference in the different styles of brew.

My .02 is that PBR and Lone Star are crap.... merely resurgent in their sales due to a trendy following of both beers by hipster types and others.