White explains decision to flip to TCU

Harry

Kids are kids, but at some point your word should be worth something. NT gets some players who have already committed also, but I really don't don't care for: I will commit until I get a better offer players.

However, I also recognize that there are a lot of players in the NT locker room that would have done the same thing if they had the opportunity. It is only a dream that any non-power conference team can compete with the "bigs" in recruiting. You just hope that players that have already committed will honor their word.

• Upvote 1

We simply cannot continue to think this way.

This isn't aimed at you KRAM, you're not the only one who feels this way, you were just the first person to say it...

When he committed to us (soft/solid/whatever), we were all excited about it and hoping he could step in to fill Brelan Chancellor's shoes as an electric playmaker. Now that he's going to TCU, he's looking at being 3rd string and stuff, and eventually transfering?

Is TCU really that much better than UNT? Do you think TCU wouldn't kill to have Brelan Chancellor on their team?

Right now, would UNT even be somewhat interested in a TCU transfer who is a 3rd stringer? ...maybe as a walk-on.

If he does well at TCU, great. If he doesn't do well at TCU, it doesn't mean he would have been a world-beater here. In that scenario, he probably wouldn't do well here either. We're not NAIA UT-Tyler. We're North Texas!

This +100

Personally, I believe if you make a commitment you should honor it. But he is a young kid and allowed to change his mind. I wish him the best, but hope he loses every game he plays at TCU (except against SMU).

He was an interesting prospect, especially since he was such a high profile high school player in DFW, but I trust Mac to find his replacement in our class. Can you think of any players who decommitted from us and went on to have significant college careers elsewhere?

Isn't it logical to assume if we go bowling with what is being built, the budget increase, the increased profile from an improved program, Beyond the Green, increased TV coverage, better product on the field, etc that we could get a BETTER recruit than him In the next few months?

We lost him to TCU, yeah that sucks. But there are better players than this kid that are recruited by Tulane, Tulsa, La Tech, Rice, UTEP, UTSA, etc. Given our season and the potential for what it could become, I would anticipate some will start to turn their head toward Denton, TX.

• Upvote 2

Who could blame him? The B12 is a more prestigious conference and TCU has a very recent history of winning. NT just won 2 in a row for the 1st time in years. Win consistently and we'll see less of this.

I played at DeSoto high school myself! I wish the young man good luck!

• Upvote 1