CUSA In New Miami Bowl Rotation

MeanGreen61

Another baseball park bowl :phew:

The American Athletic Conference will announce on Thursday the creation of the Miami Beach Bowl, to be played at Marlins Park starting in 2014, sources said.

In the newly created bowl, the American is expected to play teams from Conference USA, the Mid-American and Sun Belt conferences from 2014-19, sources said. A news conference is scheduled for Thursday at Marlins Park, the home of the Miami Marlins, a source said.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9859946/aac-reveal-miami-beach-bowl-marlins-park

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 1

How about the " YAY WE PARTICIATED BOWL" It should be a challenge and privilege to make a bowl and yet they seem to be making new ones every year while not getting rid of other ones.

We have lost a few through the years. Just not as many as have been added.

• Upvote 1

One of the few things on which the Presidents at all the FBS conferences agree is that if a team gets a winning record they should go to a bowl game. With 126 schools that means a lot of bowls. ESPN, Fox and the other networks also like bowl games, as do Chambers of Commerce. I think it should be an actual winning and just a non-losing record. But that is not how the system is set up.

• Downvote 1

As things currently lie, it's really just a 13-game season with an OOC game at the end. Yaaaay! We beat...Western Michigan on a neutral site in Punxsutawney, PA! Where's our stuffed beaver?

Smoke and mirrors recruiting gimmicks that cost programs willing to pay lots of money. F_U State, Gash Bowl 2013 Champions! The payout was $350,000, and it only cost us $1.5 million in airfare and hotel to go! Hey kid! See that? We're bloody champions! Come join our team!

(I hope we get to play in a bowl. Any bowl. Except maybe for the toilet bowl. We'll leave that kind of stank to some of our neighbors to the southeast)

• Upvote 1

As things currently lie, it's really just a 13-game season with an OOC game at the end. Yaaaay! We beat...Western Michigan on a neutral site in Punxsutawney, PA! Where's our stuffed beaver?

(I hope we get to play in a bowl. Any bowl. Except maybe for the toilet bowl. We'll leave that kind of stank to some of our neighbors to the southeast)

I'd be happy with the Toilet Bowl or the Hawaii Bowl as they are pretty much the same.

Smoke and mirrors recruiting gimmicks that cost programs willing to pay lots of money. F_U State, Gash Bowl 2013 Champions! The payout was $350,000, and it only cost us $1.5 million in airfare and hotel to go! Hey kid! See that? We're bloody champions! Come join our team!

beavis.jpg

Uhh, he said "stuffed beaver."

• Upvote 2

One of the few things on which the Presidents at all the FBS conferences agree is that if a team gets a winning record they should go to a bowl game.

If there is a quote or article that you have inferred this from, I want to read it.

I personally think a winning record should only be one factor.

If there is a quote or article that you have inferred this from, I want to read it.

I personally think a winning record should only be one factor.

I don't remember where I read it, but I've seen it several times over the years. When a 12 game season became standard the question of allowing a 6-6 record into a bowl game passed by a huge margin. Like 70 or 80%. The Presidents really like it.