East Side Social Club Watch Party

adman

Nice turnout at ESSC for the game today. About 25 or so fans decked out in Green & White, probably another 20 or so not as spiritedly dressed but into the game. Best part was immediately following the win John played a recorded version of the fight song through the sound system and the entire bar clapped and sang along to it. The FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT portion was deafening.

This ship is being righted. Full steam ahead.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 6

I was one of them there! had a blast and loved how both screens show the UNT game. it was funny when a unt student walked in around halftime wearing an a&m polo expecting to watch the game by the bar. Sorry bud you are in Mean Green Nation

All the TVs outside had the NT game on as well.

• Upvote 1

Nice turnout at ESSC for the game today. About 25 or so fans decked out in Green & White, probably another 20 or so not as spiritedly dressed but into the game. Best part was immediately following the win John played a recorded version of the fight song through the sound system and the entire bar clapped and sang along to it. The FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT portion was deafening.

Go Mean Green!

Great news...and so very correct about the ship! A win over So Miss next week should do wonders for the Oct. 31st attendance question. Looking forward to having 5 wins going into that game!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Have to say I had a heck of a mean green watching experience today as well! I stopped into a local watering hole that had about 15 people in it, none of thm wanted to watch the Mean Green. I had them turn it on and by the end of the second quarter the entire bar was into it, we turned off the OU game and put the Mean Green on the main screen, cheering ensued. Awesome!

There wasn't a person in the room that wasn't interested in little ole UNT doing well and they all knew how well the team was doing this year so far. Seeing it on TV got those guys actually into the team and I can say it was fun watching with invested folks and getting new people into the Mean Green! We really do have a sleeping fan base here in town, and they aren't all alums either. Today proved that to me.

• Upvote 4

Go Mean Green!

Is this place smoke free ? Family friendly ? I'd like to bring my crew up there for the Southern Miss game

I don't drink , but I would gladly tip my waitress/waiter well if they kept bringing us a water , lemonade

Edited by NT03

Is this place smoke free ? Family friendly ? I'd like to bring my crew up there for the Southern Miss game

I don't drink , but I would gladly tip my waitress/waiter well if they kept bringing us a water , lemonade

I would say, from my experience, that during a watch party with lots of UNT folks, that it would be more than enough family friendly. I assume one can bring wee ones into a watering hole in Denton that does not serve food.

Adman...help me out here as I have been in some cities that do not allow wee ones in watering holes that don't serve food...even if the wee ones are with their parents. Odd...yes, just don't know the rules for that in Denton.

Not sure if it's different for places that don't have any food, but I think the rule for bars is kids have to be out by like 9pm?...11pm on weekends? That sounds right but if nobody on here has an answer I can check with my Denton peeps.

It's smoke free inside. Fine to bring your kids until about nine or until they deem it time to go. I have never had any with my kid in there at all.

If you're sensitive to such things, don't let your wee ones go into the back yard. Just about every square inch of tabletop is covered with bad drawings of male genitalia.

SOLD!

If we don't go to Hattiesburg, we will be enjoying the game here.