UNT playing not to lose... Again

UNT90

I have to hand it to you UNT90. You sure know how to wreck a good time. Your post are a complete beating. Ya ya I know I don't have to read them but I have gomeangreen OCD and must read each topic sequentially. Plumm's being the only exception. They give me seizures

• Upvote 5

You gotta be careful what you ask for. I notice we are wearing the opposing Ds out before we even get to half time. Passing on 1st down might open things up more quickly, but we also might not start to wear the other team out so soon.

We could avoid these two-possession holes early jn the game, or we might not. There's just no telling.

Regardless, I'm glad we're nitpicking about being a better team and not spinning stats for moral victories.

Fun team to follow in my book.

• Upvote 4

I don't mind the early conservative play calling. Our play book opens up throughout a game according to the situation and what the opponent is doing defensively. Some early execution on some of the plays against defenses designed to stop that specific play call would really allow for an expanded playbook early in a game.

I look at our early play calling as us poking around to see what they are doing and what is working. Ultimately it's been up to the defense to keep us in that game until we figure it out. I wish we'd have the offensive play calling figured out at the very beginning, but at least it adjusts, which is more than I can say for previous coaching staffs.

The defensive execution seems to indicate the same thing on that side of the ball. Come out trying to execute the way you want to play and then figure some things out and adjust to what they are doing to shut them down.

The huge change this year has been our defense stops at the end of games and our offensive red zone ability to score tds instea of previously missed FGs.

• Upvote 5

If we pass and win great. If we run for 300 years and win great. I don't care what we do on first, second, or third down as long as we end up with a 'W.'

Pretty much sums it up for me as well.

Kinda hard to travel at 78 when your doctor won't let ya.

If you don't like shit thrown your way in the monkey cage around here then I suggest you drop the turd.

90 was at the game, just like he was at the Tulane game too.. He spent his money and time and weekend going in support of the team. And like everyone else who were there, was getting real sick of the typical pattern shown by our offense in the first quarter. People are starting to get real real sick of it if you havent noticed? Then, as he has certainly earned the right to do, vented by starting this thread and as usual, you, from a distance safely in the confines of your own home not having to watch it in person with the rest of us, had to come here and throw a turd with a smart ass comment.

So again, if you don't like shit thrown your way then don't start throwing it yourself.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If you don't like shit thrown your way in the monkey cage around here then I suggest you drop the turd.

90 was at the game, just like he was at the Tulane game too.. He spent his money and time and weekend going in support of the team. And like everyone else who were there, was getting real sick of the typical pattern shown by our offense in the first quarter. People are starting to get real real sick of it if you havent noticed? Then, as he has certainly earned the right to do, vented by starting this thread and as usual, you, from a distance safely in the confines of your own home not having to watch it in person with the rest of us, had to come here and throw a turd with a smart ass comment.

So again, if you don't like shit thrown your way then don't start throwing it yourself.

Rick

My respect for you just went below zero. Have a nice day.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

My respect for you just went below zero. Have a nice day.

Maybe if we all had respect for each other and just talked football without making it personal, you could have respect, and be respected, by/for everybody.

What do you say?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1