Duo aims to lead Mean Green to bowl game this season

Harry

In their years as teammates, Brandin Byrd and Brelan Chancellor have made numerous trips to various high school and college stadiums to represent both Copperas Cove and the University of North Texas.

But, there is one thing that the duo has yet to do, go bowling.

At least in terms of the college football postseason. They aim to change that this year as the senior running back and wide receiver look to lead the Mean Green (3-3, 1-1 Conference USA) to its first bowl berth in nearly a decade.

“The main goal for my senior year is to try and get us to a bowl game because we haven’t been to one since we’ve been here,” Byrd said. “That’s the key goal and to do whatever I need to do to help my team win ball games.”

“I feel like I owe this university a lot,” Chancellor said. “They gave me a chance to play football and get a great education.”

North Texas hasn’t made a bowl appearance since the 2004 New Orleans Bowl. The Mean Green’s last bowl win came in 2002 when it beat Cincinnati 24-19 in that same bowl game.

The Mean Green would be bowl eligible with three wins in their last six games.

UNT is currently in third place in the Conference USA West Division behind co-leaders Tulane and Rice. The Mean Green visit Louisiana Tech on Saturday.

Read more: http://kdhnews.com/kdhpressbox/duo-aims-to-lead-mean-green-to-bowl-game-this/article_96429e66-36e8-11e3-81ac-0019bb30f31a.html

I love this team and its players.

Indeed, Christopher, indeed! Attitude and perspective goes a long way in helping to turn things around. This team just KNOWS it can be the team that started it all again for the Mean Green. Even the players seem to know they are different and special as a team...and a team they are.

Note: Attitude, perspective and a ton of hard work that helps as well. Let's throw in a good dose of senior leadership as well.

• Upvote 1