Official USMNT Rio 2014 Thread

Geez dude. Might as well start writing the suicide notes now, eh?

Sure, I suppose that'd save time.

Seriously, I think this is probably the worst team we've taken to a WC since '98. There are individual talents on this squad that are better than anything we've had before, but we seem to have our talent log-jammed at the same positions and are really thin at too many other spots for this to be a well rounded team. Really, my lack of faith all boils down to that back line. I just don't see them keeping Germany or Portugal to under 2 goals and I think we'll have trouble out-scoring even Ghana. As someone else pointed out, defense wins world cups....and that's our achilles heel.

• 2 weeks later...

Rolling the same lineup out as Nigeria if it's Bedoya. If we get the same result, I'm all for it (especially if Jozy nets 2)!

I think this is the best way to get Bradley forward and still protect that back line...Jones wants to go box-to-box, Beckerman wants to sit, defend and dictate from the back. The balance through the heart was great against Nigeria.

The thing about the Brazilians is that they can make you think "Why aren't they winning this match by 3 goals?" They can also make you think "How are they not losing this match by 3 goals?"

Often, you have these thoughts about 15 minutes apart.

Is this similar to what Romo fans feel?

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There's a story that just broke that the US was told by FIFA to prepare a contingency plan for World Cup 2022 in case Qatar gets stripped. Oh lawd.

Shouldn't be a problem for us. We hve the stadia, the transportation infrastructure, the money, and the wherewithal to organize it on a short timeframe.

I hope that comes to pass and I think we should have gotten that Cup anyway.