UNT Official Watching Party Problems (LA Tech)

UNTeagle88

Our last away game against Tulane, i was patiently waiting for the game to come on while i was enjoying my wings at Hooters Denton. However, the game never came on.... Does anyone know if Hooters will actually have the game this time?? Also, is there anywhere else in Denton that i can watch the game? I went to Eastside Social Club and that was awesome... but i am On-Call for UNT this weekend and i cant be drinking. Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by UNTeagle88

Our last away game against Tulane, i was patiently waiting for the game to come on while i was enjoying my wings at Hooters Denton. However, the game never came on.... Does anyone know if Hooters will actually have the game this time?? Also, is there anywhere else in Denton that i can watch the game? I went to Eastside Social Club and that was awesome... but i am On-Call for UNT this weekend and i cant be drinking. Anyone have any ideas?

The "official" UNT Athletics watch party location seriously didn't have the game on?? Lulz.

• Upvote 3

The "official" UNT Athletics watch party location seriously didn't have the game on?? Lulz.

Courtesy of the fact that DirecTV won't sell their "Sports Tier" packages to customers whose accounts list them as establishments that hold >100 people. Ran into the same problem for Fairview Down Under. They have different sports packages for larger establishments, but they don't include Fox College Sports.

Courtesy of the fact that DirecTV won't sell their "Sports Tier" packages to customers whose accounts list them as establishments that hold >100 people. Ran into the same problem for Fairview Down Under. They have different sports packages for larger establishments, but they don't include Fox College Sports.

So the question is... Will there be a watching party at Fairview Down Under this Saturday for the MEAN GREEN @ la tech game?

GO MEAN GREEN !!!

Some of these eatery/bars will tell you they have a sports cable station with our game but some of us found out they actually don't. You almost need to go down in person for verification.

But..........if you have a Fuzzy's in your vicinity the one that showed our Tulane Plus Refs game in Weatherford were very congenial and they had about every sports cable station under the sun. The manager at our local Fuzzy's even said "just tell us how many screens you want the game on."

I will watch the La Tech game in the comfort of my living room this time around as I have "The Dish" and UNT90 said all was A-OK with that and after further review.....he was right.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Our kid was on call yesterday....did not stop the rest of us from enjoying a couple of cold ones in his presence while he sipped a coke! East side sells soft drinks as well. Even without the great beer, Eastside is a great venue for the games.

Hooter's may have fallen into the trap Fairview did as mentioned by UNT 90 Grad....or maybe oldguystudent's daughter told them not to show it!

How about instead of looking to some awful corporate restaurant with terrible food served by walking STDs, you go patron a place like the East Side Social Club...owned and operated by a good, strong UNT alum and athletics supporter, TVs inside and out, massive beer and whiskey selection.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

So nobody is going to mention the awesome hospitality that is East Side Social Club? Now that I know he shows every game he can, I can't imagine going to Hooters. No food service? P'Shaw. They bring around local menus like Rusty Taco that'll deliver to you in the bar.

No more Hooters for me (the restaurant that is)...ESSC for me..enjoyed the Tulane game (until the last play)...check it out folks

• Upvote 1

How about instead of looking to some awful corporate restaurant with terrible food served by walking STDs, you go patron a place like the East Side Social Club...owned and operated by a good, strong UNT alum and athletics supporter, TVs inside and out, massive beer and whiskey selection.

Wow...agree with the ESSC thing ( by the way have you been there?).. It is indeed a great local spot as is Oak Street.

But, more than a little over the top on Hooter's. They, too, support the Mean Green. We need all the corporate and business support we can get. Care to share the "walking STD" proof you have? Your girlfriends would like to know! HeHe. Many of these servers are UNT co-eds as well. No need to be so over the top in your comments.

• Upvote 2

Leave john and Patrick out of this, oh wait.....

Wow...agree with the ESSC thing ( by the way have you been there?).. It is indeed a great local spot as is Oak Street.

But, more than a little over the top on Hooter's. They, too, support the Mean Green. We need all the corporate and business support we can get. Care to share the "walking STD" proof you have? Your girlfriends would like to know! HeHe. Many of these servers are UNT co-eds as well. No need to be so over the top in your comments.

Why do you defend Hooter's so much? It's pure sleaze central and disgusting that UNT calls it the "official" watching party.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ESSC was just going under construction last time I was in town...I did spend a couple hours of a beautiful afternoon in the Oak Street beer garden, though...and I trust John has done well with ESSC...I don't recall Oak Street having TVs...certainly not outside...thus my encouraging ESSC as a watching venue Saturday.

And yes...there was a bit of hyperbole...it is just frustrating to see people still considering (and apparently UNT promoting) watching parties at places like Hooters in Denton when there are far better places owned by UNT alums.

• Upvote 2

Why do you defend Hooter's so much? It's pure sleaze central and disgusting that UNT calls it the "official" watching party.

Why do you knock it so much? Some sort of PC thing for you?

I support it because they support the Mean Green, and I find most folks who knock the place do so out of pure ignorance along with a toss in of PC crap-loa.

The local store has a mean green manager who has never turned me down when I asked for support for antof the GMG.com scholarship games I manage, and that is something Icannot say for several other places I have gone asking support . In addition, the local store contributes to the Mean Green and hires UNT students. Simple reasons. You do not have to go there if you choose not to do so. But. I see zero positive to be gained from knocking them or saying ugly things about the folks who are employed there.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Btw... Also support both East Side and Oak Street for the very same reasons... Awesome spots, support the Mean Green, hire UNT students and the owners personally support the events for GMG.com and the Alumni Association. They donate, they participate and they show up!

Love both these places...sometimes it is hard to choose between the two, so we go to both!

These places are awesome! Maybe ESSC will be the "official spot" next season.