Truly sat with the students again tonight...

...and it was a blast.

So, it's been two seasons since I've truly gotten down and upfront with the Student Section - this is my first season as an alum though. My wife was feeling sick and returned home a few hours before kickoff, so I figured I may as well give the 'ole stomping grounds its chance. Saw some friends up front, settled in.

OH MAN HOW I NOW REMEMBER WHY I LOVE THIS SECTION SO MUCH...

Our heckling has wit and class ya'll. Whenever someone gets close to really going over the line with taunting, another fellow is quick to call out something a little bit more light-hearted, self-effacing, or universally funny which brings things into order and keeps the CPC folks off our backs. In fact, towards the end of the game, the two burly uniformed bros facing us were heartily chuckling or smirking along with every jest (love you two #7000 and #7008).

That being said, the reactions on the MUTS bench ran the full spectrum of bemusement to indignation. I would like to thank one

#73 OL Isaiah Anderson - JR

RxPJ9QD.jpg

for being a really good sport and becoming a lovable character there towards the end.

On the flip side of that token,

#80 WR Ed'Marquez Batties - JR

8gZbxln.jpg

needs to learn to behave in a more professional manner representing his beloved MUTS - single-digit hand gestures and profane language are not what make you PROUD TO PLAY WITH CONFERENCE USA TM.

Hahahaha.

Now all that being said...

OH MAN HOW I NOW REMEMBER WHY I DON'T SIT HERE ANYMORE...

I lost so much valuable game watching time having as much fun in those front rows. Sheesh!

EDIT:

^^^

Oh man, I just turned into Plumm.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 4

During my senior year, the rain game against MTSU, my buddies and I called a DeArco Nolan the whole time. It was hilarious, he had his shirt folded above his belly button and kept being called for penalities. It was classic.

I drunkenly added him to facebook that night and to this day we are still friends.

It's always great when they take it in stride and even poke fun at themselves at times.

It does suck that we didn't get to do the "Beep Beep"