Football and beer seems like a natural fit!

Harry

SMU fans and students gather on "The Boulevard" before home football games, but many will never make it inside Ford Stadium. Would beer sales change that? (Staff Photo/Brad Loper)

As much as I might complain about the price of beer at the American Airlines Center, its tough to imagine watching an entire hockey game without one. Or two. Ish.

You might say the same about a Mavericks game or a Rangers or Cowboys game in Arlington. Beer, overpriced or not, goes with sports. This applies no matter where you might be watching, but especially if youre not at the arena/ballpark/stadium.

So I forget sometimes that its much more miss than hit for college sports fans and am reminded only when I read that another university is considering adding alcohol sales to its on-campus home games. This came up at the University of Texas last spring, and now it appears to be a going concern here locally at SMU.

Read more: http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/10/football-and-beer-seems-like-a-natural-even-for-smu.html/