Fans Implore Mac

UNT90

Doubtful they stack the box. Word is getting out that we're a pass heavy team, so likely this is when we need to bust out the run.

Unfortunately, our opponents don't listen to the "word" that is getting out. They watch game film to find our tendencies.

Add to the fact that MTSU is VERY familiar with what this offense wants to do, and you can count on seeing multiple 8 man defensive fronts in the first half.

To me our A formation is so slow you could time it with a calender.

Our Strength and Conditioning program has killed our speed running game. It's either that or Byrd and Jummerson are both hurt.

They line up 8 yards deep and recieve the ball 5 yards deep and that is way too much time against a quick defense.

Everytime I've watched the replay of that first half I've wanted to put my foot through the TV.

Rick

This is not our only problem, but you hit the nail on the head Rick. Although I think we now have speed, agility, quickness coach.

I don't care what we do as a game plan. I just want our coaches to realize that the game plan is not working before half time hits. Which is what happened at Ohio and Tulane

Those draw's were zone reads and they worked really work for four bowl trips.

Enough to be 0-5 in OCC games prior to running the table against the Sunbelt. Not the same today. Even Dickey...if he were still coaching...is he?...surly would have changed things up to attack today's more athletic teams and newer defensive schemes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Enough to be 0-5 in OCC games prior to running the table against the Sunbelt. Not the same today. Even Dickey...if he were still coaching...is he?...surly would have changed things up to attack today's more athletic teams and newer defensive schemes.

So beating the CUSA champ in the NO Bowl didn't happen? How about pasting a B12 team 52-14?

I have no idea why people think its a good idea to run down our past success. What is it, do you hate North Texas? Are you full of excuses? Did you not call ahead and verify that we did murder Baylor in Fouts?

Or is it just the fact that DD left on really bad terms with your BFF RV?

• Upvote 2

Dickey is the offensive coordinator at Memphis.

REALLY? Because I've heard the exact opposite from our players. A major complaint has been that they aren't lifting enough. I don't know about these two in particular... but a lot of players have dropped weight and have been complaining about it. But I agree on the A formation. I think I've said this before, but when the progressions get read so slowly and we have two key O line players out with injury... Voila.

So beating the CUSA champ in the NO Bowl didn't happen? How about pasting a B12 team 52-14?

I have no idea why people think its a good idea to run down our past success. What is it, do you hate North Texas? Are you full of excuses? Did you not call ahead and verify that we did murder Baylor in Fouts?

Or is it just the fact that DD left on really bad terms with your BFF RV?

Thanks for once again totally missing the point. Doesn't surprise me. Carry on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

The draw doesn't fool anyone (which is what it's supposed to do) when the QB takes the ball from the center and immediately stretches out his arms to handoff while the RB is pretending to block. The QB should take the ball from center and look downfield like he's going to throw, then quickly handoff.

This was EXPONENTIALLY BETTER tonight.

I watched Derek drop back with his head up and the ball next to his chest on multiple occasions, only to have him snap the ball down and handoff to Byrd/Pegram/Jimmerson, usually for a nice gain.

Kudos for the improvement! Derek played a great game this evening making throws when he needed to. Those 2 INT's were not on him.