There is AD sponsored trick or treating for kids

emmitt01

Wow...just saw the actual flyer...how anyone could confuse this with the football game events is beyond me. Just asked Harry to post the flyer here on GMG.com. This involves campus student organizations and is centered squarely around basketball! Seriously, it seems some folks are just trying overly hard to find something to complain about...two events for kids on two consecutive days...not bad!

Talks about meeting Scrappy and having fun with the Mean Green players....autographs, watch practice, trick or treat, etc., etc. man, folks should be happy about this...I just don't get the point of trying to turn something obviously good into something bad.

Again..,thanks to Coach Benford and Coach Peterson for stepping up to help...might even work to sell a few season tickets or generate interest in the season. Gee, go figure. I think they might call this a promo for the BB season for the local crowd and the younger set, but hey, perspective, that's all.

• Upvote 3

So, thanks, Harry, for getting the actual flyer up? Now, I ask. Who among you can read this and think anything but positive about this BASKETBALL centered FREE event?

As the immortal philosopher Charlie Brown has said......"Good grief"!

Heck...this might be fun for adult fans as well. Maybe I can borrow a neighbor kid and go!

• Upvote 2

So, thanks, Harry, for getting the actual flyer up? Now, I ask. Who among you can read this and think anything but positive about this BASKETBALL centered FREE event?

Heck...this might be fun for adult fans as well. Maybe I can borrow a neighbor kid and go!

Are you sure that's the same thing Emmitt was referring to? Did you call him to ask how he could have gotten confused, or did you just come straight here to complain?

We'll be there.

Now... where is this type of flyer for the football game on actual Halloween?

Maybe in the coach's show, McCarney should have asked the school for help with attendance by getting the Halloween event moved.....to Halloween.

I believe's Mac Halloween event IS on Halloween...it's called the Rice game. :-). That could be pretty spooky....and a treat for UNT and a trick for Rice!

We'll be there.

Now... where is this type of flyer for the football game on actual Halloween?

Perhaps a bit of patience is in order here, Grasshopper. Let's get by the MUTS game and family weekend events and then start the promos for the game on the 31st. Lots of time, Grasshopper.

• Upvote 1

Are you sure that's the same thing Emmitt was referring to? Did you call him to ask how he could have gotten confused, or did you just come straight here to complain?

No, I'll just let you add your usual nothing to the discussion. But, you do try sooooooo hard. Came out into the light again did you?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Perhaps a bit of patience is in order here, Grasshopper. Let's get by the MUTS game and family weekend events and then start the promos for the game on the 31st. Lots of time, Grasshopper.

Of course. Because giving parents a heads up about a Halloween event prior to 20 days out would be crazy, huh? I know that every parent I knkw avoids making their trick or treat plans until the last minute. Oh, wait, they don't.

But let's assume that secod flyer is forthcoming. I'm sure they just didn't want to take the spotlight off of all the promotions for the MUTS game...which is, what again? Oh I'm sure that I could find out that one with a phone call too, right Mark? After all, when I'm done writing bigger checks, bitching less and giving more, I should also be hunting down promotions info on my own time.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 3

Seriously, Mike. Nice of you to take this approach without the details, but am sure Emmitt appreciates your assistance. Cops got to stand together, right? Now, you might want to read the full explanation I just posted after making a phone call. If only the original poster had taken the time to find out what was behind all this BEFORE playing the "got ya" game. Could have been very helpful in clearing up the mystery, but.....

Again, if only the email to the Jr Mean Green Club had also included details of the Football Gameday plan. But it apparently didn't, leaving EVERYONE with the impression that the only trick or treat event, or ANY event for kids, was on the 30th. That is just a bit of a problem, don't you think?

And still, the only information we have that this is occurring is from you, Mark.

I love you, but you are not an athletic department employee (although sometimes I wonder ;-)

Again, clearly not Ricochet Rick's fault.

• Upvote 1

Just as an FYI... Mark is completely correct. Athletics would have loved to have Boo Bash the night of the game, but those who put on the annual event had concerns about several things related to game day activities. Thus, the organizers (not athletics) chose to have it the 30th like they always have. There are so many times I read things on this board that are completely wrong and presumed simply because you just don't know what's happening internally. I wish I was able to shed light each time, but most of the time I'm not at liberty to divulge such things. Know that most of us on staff have great intentions and reasons behind every decision that is made, even if it seems like we didn't consider everything you all bring up. Believe me, they do, but sometimes things just have to happen a certain way and there's no way around it.

• Upvote 5

Just as an FYI... Mark is completely correct. Athletics would have loved to have Boo Bash the night of the game, but those who put on the annual event had concerns about several things related to game day activities. Thus, the organizers (not athletics) chose to have it the 30th like they always have. There are so many times I read things on this board that are completely wrong and presumed simply because you just don't know what's happening internally. I wish I was able to shed light each time, but most of the time I'm not at liberty to divulge such things. Know that most of us on staff have great intentions and reasons behind every decision that is made, even if it seems like we didn't consider everything you all bring up. Believe me, they do, but sometimes things just have to happen a certain way and there's no way around it.

Don't worry about it. It's much easier to keep scourging ourselves. Makes for better theatre, and gives us meaning. :lol:

A flyer for Jr Mean Green special holloween activities at the football game sent at the same time as the Flyer for the Oct 30 event would have eliminated any confusion and isn't "hard to understand."

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Again, if only the email to the Jr Mean Green Club had also included details of the Football Gameday plan. But it apparently didn't, leaving EVERYONE with the impression that the only trick or treat event, or ANY event for kids, was on the 30th. That is just a bit of a problem, don't you think?

And still, the only information we have that this is occurring is from you, Mark.

I love you, but you are not an athletic department employee (although sometimes I wonder ;-)

Again, clearly not Ricochet Rick's fault.

OK, got it...the problem is that two events were not advertised on the same flyer! Darn, my bad... here I thought Emiitt was all fired up because it was an event on the 30th. Sorry.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Of course. Because giving parents a heads up about a Halloween event prior to 20 days out would be crazy, huh? I know that every parent I knkw avoids making their trick or treat plans until the last minute. Oh, wait, they don't.

But let's assume that secod flyer is forthcoming. I'm sure they just didn't want to take the spotlight off of all the promotions for the MUTS game...which is, what again? Oh I'm sure that I could find out that one with a phone call too, right Mark? After all, when I'm done writing bigger checks, bitching less and giving more, I should also be hunting down promotions info on my own time.

Oh, so the real problem was NOT the date of this event it was the amount of time parents have as a "head's up"? OK. Nice bit of backslidding you are doing here. And, yes, you could find out with that phone call (I did)...you made a call, but were too interested in trying to catch someone in a mistake than actually finding out...so don't give me the "parents want to know crap-ola and need 20 days to plan"...that's a real joke! You were into the "let's blame someone and someone screwed up game" not the let's get the real info so parents can plan mode.

But, if your revisionist theory works for you...great. So, what's the next "everthing is screwed up thread" will you be forthcoming with? Can't wait for the next one. This one turned out so well once the facts actually came to light, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh, so the real problem was NOT the date of this event it was the amount of time parents have as a "head's up"? OK. Nice bit of backslidding you are doing here. And, yes, you could find out with that phone call (I did)...you made a call, but were too interested in trying to catch someone in a mistake than actually finding out...so don't give me the "parents want to know crap-ola and need 20 days to plan"...that's a real joke! You were into the "let's blame someone and someone screwed up game" not the let's get the real info so parents can plan mode.

But, if your revisionist theory works for you...great. So, what's the next "everthing is screwed up thread" will you be forthcoming with? Can't wait for the next one. This one turned out so well once the facts actually came to light, right?

I'm just glad you admit there is a problem...

• Upvote 2