Tweet about new floor at Super Pit

JKvsHimself

Looks like we also have new shot clocks

The video board isn't the only thing new at The Super Pit for the fans this year. The upgrades keep coming! pic.twitter.com/rXlwQuNXQM

— MeanGreenBasketball (@MeanGreenMBB)

September 30, 2013

This post has been promoted to an article

• Upvote 1

I wonder what they will do with those other tiny video boards on the ends now? YOu know the ones you need a telescope to see?

I'd keep the existing scoreboards where they are and use the video boards for rolling adverts. It be a good additional revenue stream.

• Upvote 1

I asked about pics of new floor and this was the response:

@iteagle03 @MeanGreenMBB Come to Basketball madness next Thursday night at the super pit and you will see a video preview of the new floor.

— Mean Green Athletics (@MeanGreenSports)

October 2, 2013
  • Upvote 1

So, an article about a new floor with pictures of a scoreboard/video board and shot clocks. Hmm.

RV said they are also working to get a new lighting system installed. I don't know if that will happen this year or not but good to hear we are keeping the Super Pit updated.

When I go to the Tip Off event next week I'll try to see if I can get some pictures of the new floor. Based on the podcast it will be different from what we are used to.

All of these new things are nice and needed but do not solve my biggest issue with the pit... moving the media section to the floor where it is supposed to be. Dozens of prime season ticket seats have been wasted for years. I hate seeing all the panoramic pictures of big crowds at the super pit with that giant eyesore in the middle of it. There is more than enough room to build a double deck of media rows that would not block anyone's view (just like the other side) and if needed, just move the team benches a few feet down like every nba team has done. I'll gladly offer to purchase the first available tickets in that section if it ever opens.

Thankfully, this issue will give us all something new to complain about after the latest upgrades are finished. You're welcome and I have promoted my post to an article.

• Upvote 3