How Will the "Crisis" in DC Turn Out?

Here's what I see as what will happen regarding this manufactured "shutdown":

• Fake hysteria and finger-pointing.
  • Congress will "agree" to fund OC as desired "in order to put aside partisan politics and get America back on track" and "stop the petty bickering" for the "good of the people and the consituents we are sworn to serve".
  • The "tea party" (whatever that is) will be blamed for the impasse, vilified, and those that are viewed by the Dems and RINO's as their "leaders" (read: Cruz/Paul/etc.) will suffer blows to any planned candidacy in 2016--which is exactly as the GOP wants it.
  • John McCain will comment that "we tried, but we had to compromise for the good of the nation".

EDIT: almost forgot--the can will be kicked down the road again regarding the budget, and we will take on MORE spending and MORE debt.

Edited by LongJim
  • Upvote 3

I need Cruz to win the presidency. Back in high school, his wife ran for student body president. My roommate and I, in no way running for any office ever because we had much more power and influence behind the scenes, completely derailed her campaign. She was utterly humiliated in a landslide loss.

So, if Ted wins, that means that Heidi will inevitably pull a Hillary and run herself. My roommate, he now of big time Hollywood connections, and I, will then be able to fulfill our destinies by becoming temporary writers on SNL, thwarting her once again.

• Upvote 3

It will turn out how it always turns out. After the republicans are unfairly blamed by the equivalent of a state run media, the republicans will tuck their tail between their legs and give in.

They ALWAYS do and NEVER learn the lesson.

Dems won't compromise and meet on the middle, Choosing instead to demand funding of Obanacare when they KNOW it is a disaster and will not work, but choose the political solution over the practicality of delaying implementation.

In the end it won't matter, because the media will blame the racist tea party, particularly that racist Ted Cruz, and whip them into submission.

Been going on since the 80s, folks.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If the "sequester" is any indication (provided the rinos in the house don't cave), after a couple of weeks the people will realize that nothing has changed in their lives has changed, and all the government spending isn't necessary.

• Upvote 1

I don't even care if ACA is defunded right now, but the Democrat Sentae could have compromised and delayed implementation for 1 year for everyone, not just their favorite constituents. Also the Senate could have accepted that they must also face the same health care policies that they themselves passed but refuse to abide by. Simple this is Reid and the Lefties not wanting to compromise and now they are doing their best to hurt everyone andf alongside the complicit media make it the Republicans fault.

So yes in the end Boehner will end up crying and tucking tail, McCain and his boyfriend Graham will continue their romance as they rub up against Reid and Obama and life will go on and in 2014 there will be consequences.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't even care if ACA is defunded right now, but the Democrat Sentae could have compromised and delayed implementation for 1 year for everyone, not just their favorite constituents. Also the Senate could have accepted that they must also face the same health care policies that they themselves passed but refuse to abide by. Simple this is Reid and the Lefties not wanting to compromise and now they are doing their best to hurt everyone andf alongside the complicit media make it the Republicans fault.

So yes in the end Boehner will end up crying and tucking tail, McCain and his boyfriend Graham will continue their romance as they rub up against Reid and Obama and life will go on and in 2014 there will be consequences.

You are right, but the consequences will be for the republicans.

It's better not to stand up for your principles at all than to stand up, but only for a day or two until the political heat gets to you (which, make no mistake, is what WILL happen with this bunch of republicans).

They will let the Dems dictate the issue, seize the initiative, and out-flank them politically at every turn.

It's just what they do.

It will turn out how it always turns out. After the republicans are unfairly blamed by the equivalent of a state run media, the republicans will tuck their tail between their legs and give in.

They ALWAYS do and NEVER learn the lesson.

Dems won't compromise and meet on the middle, Choosing instead to demand funding of Obanacare when they KNOW it is a disaster and will not work, but choose the political solution over the practicality of delaying implementation.

In the end it won't matter, because the media will blame the racist tea party, particularly that racist Ted Cruz, and whip them into submission.

Been going on since the 80s, folks.

There is nothing to compromise on when the law is passed, upheld by the supreme court, and the president is re-elected. IT"S THE LAW. Get over it and move on. The best thing that could happen for republicans would be that the law failed. So if everyone is so sure of its failure, why not let it fail instead of derailing it before it begins?

• Upvote 3

There is nothing to compromise on when the law is passed, upheld by the supreme court, and the president is re-elected. IT"S THE LAW. Get over it and move on. The best thing that could happen for republicans would be that the law failed. So if everyone is so sure of its failure, why not let it fail instead of derailing it before it begins?

That is all fine and dandy, but if the law is so well and a "tax" as defined by the Supreme Court, then why pass all the waivers and exemptions including the Congress and their political friends.

That is the crux of the issue, delay the mandate by one year for everyone not just political buddies.

A part of me agrees with you. Let it go through and be a complete disaster and then blame it on those who deserve the blame. And before you get all high and mighty, maybe you should remember exactly HOW it was passed in the first place. Harry Reid went around a newly elected House of Representatives, who were elected BECAUSE of their opposition to Obamacare, by using reconciliation, which hadn't been used in years and was a slap in the face to the American public.

Of course what did the stupid Republican party do in 2012? Nominate the one guy who couldn't run on the health care issue. All because they thought he wouldn't offend anybody.

So freaking stupid.

The right thing to do is to try and stop something that is bad for the public. But it is going to cost some republicans their jobs and may cost them the House. Just not worth it.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Correct me if Im wrong... there has been about 36 government shut downs since the Carter administration? Is that about right?

Rick

Yes, but you didn't have the social media and instant access to news outlets that we have nowadays. People's opinions are being shaped as we speak.

It won't have an effect on most Americans, but that will not be the story put out there on the nightly news shows.

Anyone else find it funny that it was always Reagan's fault in the 80s when the government shut down (which was quite frequently, by the way), but now it is the Republican members of congress?

Go figure.

Anyone else find it funny that it was always Reagan's fault in the 80s when the government shut down (which was quite frequently, by the way), but now it is the Republican members of congress?

Go figure.

Honest question because I was a bit too young to follow or understand any of it in the 80s. Did the Democrat controlled house attach riders that would thwart Reagan legislation to stopgap spending agreements at the beginning of new fiscal years?

Like Obamacare or not (and I really don't know what I think of it), it seems to me that this isn't the time to pick this particular fight. It comes across as schoolyard foot stomping when you haven't gotten your way. Especially, as you've correctly pointed out, in this era of widespread media in every aspect of life.

Honest question because I was a bit too young to follow or understand any of it in the 80s. Did the Democrat controlled house attach riders that would thwart Reagan legislation to stopgap spending agreements at the beginning of new fiscal years?

Like Obamacare or not (and I really don't know what I think of it), it seems to me that this isn't the time to pick this particular fight. It comes across as schoolyard foot stomping when you haven't gotten your way. Especially, as you've correctly pointed out, in this era of widespread media in every aspect of life.

that's politics...

duh...i don't understand politics...but i understand beer...

I've always theorized that there is a correlation between countries who have suffered numerous attacks and conquests through the ages (like Korea and Ireland) and heavily drinking indigenous populations.

It's like, "Oh, you want to come conquer our land and run our government? But...we can still drink, right? And we don't have to fill our own potholes? And we can still drink, right? Super. C'mon in."

Obama Administration Blockades WWII Veterans.

http://dailycaller.c...nd-rejected-it/

The veterans were visiting the memorial as part of Honor Flight, a non-profit that provides veterans free transport to the nations capital to visit the memorials to the wars they fought in.

We got the heads up that they will be barricaded and specifically asked for an exception for these heroes, Palazzo told TheDC. We were denied and told, Its a government shutdown, what do you expect? when we contacted the liaison for the White House".

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Dems did the sane damn thing, and Reagan was blamed, even though he attempted to sit down and negotiate. It was usually over increased spending, and Reagan, like a good Republican, usually always caved.

The media will make more out of this than it really is, and they will remind the public relentlessly that republicans were to blame, never once mentioning that Pres. Obama refused to negotiate.

Same ole same ole that has been going on for 30 years, except the media is even further left and the attacks will be much more vicious and they will get to the public in seconds, not days or weeks.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1