Dave Campbell's Week 5 Texas Football Power Poll

MeanGreen61

Isn't saying "Louisiana Lafayette" kind of like "Texas at Austin"? They're the flagship, right? I pretty much knew what he meant. Only my parents and sister think graduating from UT-Tyler gets you a degree from "The University of Texas".

Anyway, I do agree that FAU may be a bit underrated...Rice barely squeezed that turd of a game out at home against them. And I'm pretty sure a bunch of the "random CUSA blogger from whatever school" guys have put MTSU ahead of us. So we look better in the computers and they're getting more attention from some of the people putting out rankings.

Either way it's no big deal. It'll all be settled a week from Saturday.

• Upvote 1

I'm a ULL fan . . . they would have been my pick to go with us to C-USA over pretty much any of the other ex-Belt teams that were invited. But their name is Louisiana-Lafayette, not Louisiana.

As for y'all . . . I thought your name had a whole lot more character when you were Southwest Texas State. "Texas State" just sounds so bland. And I doubt you will ever be considered "TSU" in Texas.

Well it got even more bland in this last legislative session when they dropped the "-San Marcos" tag from our name. I hope we are never considered "TSU" anywhere... To me, that is bland. You could be talking about Tarleton, Texas Southern, Tennessee State, etc. I much prefer the "TXST" moniker

• Upvote 1

So I'm curious - since we are new to the Sun Belt and y'all were here for many years. Did y'all refuse to call them "UL" or "Louisiana" to simply get under their skin? Surely you didn't care THAT much what a team prefers to be called..... just looking for insight, no trolling

http://www.louisiana.edu/

Their own website refers to them as Louisiana Lafayette, so that is what I call them. Great fans, great place to visit and I wish they were in CUSA instead of one of the F_U's.

Didn't think this was that controversial. There were several conference ranking threads that had MTSU rated as the 3rd or 4th best team team, ahead of UNT.

Yes, it seems we are the darling of the computer rankings. Great. But still just opinion.

And this wasn't even a comment about UNT, it was a comment about FAU being underrated.

Jeez, sensitive much?

I think the point that is being made is that a number of national ranking services have us rated ahead of the MUTS based upon this year's results. The conference rankings you refer to were preseason rankings which were based upon last year's results and based upon the opinions you frown upon above.

I think the point that is being made is that a number of national ranking services have us rated ahead of the MUTS based upon this year's results. The conference rankings you refer to were preseason rankings which were based upon last year's results and based upon the opinions you frown upon above.

Well, not true, again. And from the giver of truth. So strange

One was a rating posted on this board by one of our fans a little over a week ago. Another was a rating posted on La Tech!s board about the sane time. There were multiple others from fans who actually pay attention to what is going on in CUSA, and almost every one had MTSU ahead of us.

Stop letting your personal feelings get in the way of the truth.

Edited by UNT90

Pot meet kettle. That's comedy gold right there.

Lol!!!

You do realize that my ass doesn't get chapped by anything on here, don't you? It's mainly a source of comedy. Grown men getting butt hurt because I say MTSU is considered better than UNT right now? How can that not be comedic.

Just about as comedic as this grown man using the term "butt hurt."

Edited by UNT90