Dave Campbell's Week 5 Texas Football Power Poll

MeanGreen61

Each week, the Dave Campbell's Texas Football staff gets together and ranks the 12 FBS teams in Texas. We call this the DCTF Power Poll, a way of seeing which Lone Star State college reigns supreme

1. Texas A&M

2. Baylor

3. Texas Tech

4. TCU

5. Houston

6. Texas

7. Rice

8. North Texas

0. Texas State

10. UTSA

11. SMU

12. UTEP

http://www.texasfootball.com/college-news/view/180549

Edited by MeanGreen61

They probably recall our lovely record against Rice. Unless Rice craps their pants against most opponents this month, I wouldn't expect them to rank us ahead of Rice until Nov. 1st if we beat them.

Our accomplishments so far this year are better than Rice. They beat a bad KU team and barely squeaked out a win against a dreadful FAU. Not much to speak of. Our losses are to better teams too. Ball State is really good. Had they beaten us, they would be knocking on the door of the top 25. I would flip us and Rice and leave the rest about like it is. Just my 2 cents.

Our accomplishments so far this year are better than Rice. They beat a bad KU team and barely squeaked out a win against a dreadful FAU. Not much to speak of. Our losses are to better teams too. Ball State is really good. Had they beaten us, they would be knocking on the door of the top 25. I would flip us and Rice and leave the rest about like it is. Just my 2 cents.

MTSU is widely considered a better team than UNT at this point. FAU took MTSU to overtime.

Maybe FAU is just a bit underrated?

• Downvote 1

MTSU is widely considered a better team than UNT at this point. FAU took MTSU to overtime.

Maybe FAU is just a bit underrated?

Please tell us, who other than YOU widely considers Middle Tennessee to be a better team than North Texas ?

College Football Poll

#67 North Texas

#72 Middle Tennessee

College Football News

#74 North Texas

#95 Middle Tennessee

Sagarin

#80 North Texas

#110 Middle Tennessee

Massey Composites

#69 North Texas

#95 Middle Tennessee

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 3

Didn't think this was that controversial. There were several conference ranking threads that had MTSU rated as the 3rd or 4th best team team, ahead of UNT.

Yes, it seems we are the darling of the computer rankings. Great. But still just opinion.

And this wasn't even a comment about UNT, it was a comment about FAU being underrated.

Jeez, sensitive much?

Didn't think this was that controversial. There were several conference ranking threads that had MTSU rated as the 3rd or 4th best team team, ahead of UNT.

Yes, it seems we are the darling of the computer rankings. Great. But still just opinion.

And this wasn't even a comment about UNT, it was a comment about FAU being underrated.

Jeez, sensitive much?

"MTSU is widely considered to be a better team than UNT" is not a comment about UNT ? Then pray tell what is it ?

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 1

"MTSU is widely considered to be a better team than UNT" is not a comment about UNT ? Then pray tell what is it ?

Jeez, it's like talking to a bunch of teenaged girls.

Here is some news for you, pal. Outside your own little world (this board), the opinions of others in this league is that, right now, MTSU is the better team. Why don't you ask someone on Thunderherd (or whatever the hell their site is called).

Like it. Don't like it. But it is.

And again, FAU is underrated. They are playing well and should have beaten Rice.

We will know a little more about UNT after Saturday, and a lot more about UNT after Oct. 12.

Now, please continued with your unabashed homerism.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

FAU gave the game away against Rice in last 5 minutes. No way they should have lost that game. On another note, I think Texas State is playing better than us at this point in time.However,if we beat Tulane on the road, and MTSU at home, then we will make a big jump. Just an old man's opinion.

• Upvote 1

Jeez, it's like talking to a bunch of teenaged girls.

Here is some news for you, pal. Outside your own little world (this board), the opinions of others in this league is that, right now, MTSU is the better team. Why don't you ask someone on Thunderherd (or whatever the hell their site is called).

Like it. Don't like it. But it is.

And again, FAU is underrated. They are playing well and should have beaten Rice.

We will know a little more about UNT after Saturday, and a lot more about UNT after Oct. 12.

Now, please continued with your unabashed homerism.

Outside of this little world as many folks disagree with you as might agree with you so don't set yourself up as an all knowing authority. Continue with your what ever it is.

FAU gave the game away against Rice in last 5 minutes. No way they should have lost that game. On another note, I think Texas State is playing better than us at this point in time.However,if we beat Tulane on the road, and MTSU at home, then we will make a big jump. Just an old man's opinion.

And this is my point. Just about every other team in CUSA has had a conference game. They have a barometer as to where they are at. We have none. A blowout win will give us a very good reading. A close win or close loss still leaves us with a lot of question marks. A blowout loss... Well, lets just say there may be several bodies on 635 under the high 5 Saturday night.

Winning at Tulane, even if only by a point, coupled with a home victory over MTSU would mean we are legit contenders.

First things first. Beat Tulane.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Consider also 90..... that the Herd Homers and ECU are praising MUTS because they are in the East and want to make it look like their division is more competitive than our own. We all know that ECU vs. Marshall is where the deciding factor comes into play on who owns the East. They would also like you to believe that they had to scratch and claw to get to that game when in fact..... it was theirs the whole time.

They would also have you believe that ODU are world beaters as well since ODU gave ECU a little run for the money. The fact is that ODU got blown the hell out by Maryland and has beaten Howard, Citadel (by 1 pt) and Albany so you can't give them praise for shi.

Just my .02

Consider also 90..... that the Herd Homers and ECU are praising MUTS because they are in the East and want to make it look like their division is more competitive than our own. We all know that ECU vs. Marshall is where the deciding factor comes into play on who owns the East. They would also like you to believe that they had to scratch and claw to get to that game when in fact..... it was theirs the whole time.

They would also have you believe that ODU are world beaters as well since ODU gave ECU a little run for the money. The fact is that ODU got blown the hell out by Maryland and has beaten Howard, Citadel (by 1 pt) and Albany so you can't give them praise for shi.

Just my .02

I just used the Heard as an example. Someone posted a La. Tech fan's ranking of the conference, which also had MUTS as 4th. Hell, one of our very own posted a ranking with MTSU ahead of us.

That is just the consensus perception at this time. Can we change it in 2 weeks? Yep. Will we? Stay tuned...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So I'm curious - since we are new to the Sun Belt and y'all were here for many years. Did y'all refuse to call them "UL" or "Louisiana" to simply get under their skin? Surely you didn't care THAT much what a team prefers to be called..... just looking for insight, no trolling

No, Texas State-San Marcos we have absolutely no problem with calling Louisiana-Lafayette by their correct name.

• Upvote 6

So I'm curious - since we are new to the Sun Belt and y'all were here for many years. Did y'all refuse to call them "UL" or "Louisiana" to simply get under their skin? Surely you didn't care THAT much what a team prefers to be called..... just looking for insight, no trolling

I'm a ULL fan . . . they would have been my pick to go with us to C-USA over pretty much any of the other ex-Belt teams that were invited. But their name is Louisiana-Lafayette, not Louisiana.

As for y'all . . . I thought your name had a whole lot more character when you were Southwest Texas State. "Texas State" just sounds so bland. And I doubt you will ever be considered "TSU" in Texas.