Official Tulane Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

I see a pretty fiercely-battled game going into the locker room and then North Texas pulling away late. I also believe that the hooks, slants and flat routes will be open early on, forcing the Tulane secondary to creep up and then "Chance" or "Smitty" will be open deep late in the game for a crucial exclamation point.

In the end, I see it as a "close blowout," meaning the score will look closer than it should have.

Ferocious Green: 31

Green hands wiggling back in forth in a motion that universally means "Hi": 21

Edited by TheFranchise
  • Upvote 1

Ugh, this could go either way and instead of concentrating on our weak points I'll focus on the good play of DT, how hard this team plays, and the fact that when I watch this years team I no longer believe they will find a way to lose a close game but will find a way to win.

I know, too many damn words for a prediction thread.

Mean Green 31

Tulane 27

• Upvote 1

I had this down as a win at the beginning of the year and I still do. Tulane gets to find out what so many others have found out when they play conference games in their last season as a member of said conference--the officiating won't give nearly as much home cookin' as they did before. You don't get any breaks or many calls to go your way when you are about to leave for greener pastures (see UNT in the SBC, circa 2012).

UNT wins this one 27-23.

Edited by untjim1995

I see this actually as a pretty low scoring game. Tulanes DL is ok and wont allow UNT to run, but some passes will still get there (where receivers will meet a hard hitting and pretty well covering tulane secondary though), as opposed to the ULM game though, they will rarely get into the backfield against our OL. Nick Montana is quite ok if given heaps of time, which the UNT front seven will NOT do (this is where NT is clearly better than for example ULM, LaTech showed that Tulanse OL is not great). Tulanes special teams looked like an all or nothing deal in coverage against ULM: either they managed to hit players real hard trying to knock the ball out, or this thing was returrned at least 30 yards... against NT the latter thing seems more probable, if they let chancellor have the ball there is a good chance they never get to place a hit at all.

All in all:

NT 17, Tulane 10

I have been checking Tulane's performance. I know UNT well enough and I see this as a real toss up. Ball security and moving the chains wins it for the MeanGreen. You guys will be in a bowl.

UNT 21 Tulane 17

Glad to see you back here. And I'm proud to see that Idaho looks like they're picking up some steam--nice win against Temple.

• Upvote 2

Is this a thread about who's going to score in New Orleans? My money's on the guy with the extra hotel bed.

Isn't it usually the guy with a girl in the SAME bed that scores? "It's okay, ladies, my bed's plenty big enough for four..."

Isn't it usually the guy with a girl in the SAME bed that scores? "It's okay, ladies, my bed's plenty big enough for four..."

No. It's, "Hey, you need a place to crash? I've got an extra bed. (arrive at room) Well, would you look at that. Those bastards! I specifically said two beds! What's this vibrating California King doing in here?"

• Upvote 1

THIS: The Mean Green "D" slobber-knocks young Montana all the way into Row 1 Seat 13 with a clean 'no penalty' hit. (I swear to ya' that I'd hate to play on any offense against this Mean Green "Defense").

THIS: DT/#7 has the best game of his North Texas career against the Green Wave and in our CUSA debut game.

THIS: We get our running game back with the addition of "Jim-Jim" as he comes back strong with all his other fellow RB's by committee.

THIS: Brelan Chancellor breaks a kick-off return for a 99 yard TD and 1 punt return for 6, too.

(And...........this will be the last time that Tulane will ever want to schedule the U of North Texas Mean Green in most of your's and my lifetime).

The forecast for a Nawlin's based tsunami turns into a mere 1 foot wave for the, uh........ T u l a n e G r e e n W a v e

North Texas 42

Tulane U......20

GMG!

PS or an 'Out There' Speculation:

Due to the hurricane and with a 12'th hour decision this game could be post-poned.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A Month Removed from the Return of the Worm - 27

David Starsky's Alma Mater (with Friend, Karen) - 10

Would've said 'Perchik', instead of Starsky...but, I doubt many on here remember him in 'Fiddler on the Roof'. Saw it on the Tube last weekend, for like the First Time in 30 years.

GO GREEN!