Official Tulane Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

After First quarter: Tulane 10...North Texas 3

Lots of emotion and adrenaline from Tulane's players and crowd. A lot of yelling and screaming but not much noise considering the cavernous Super Dome. The weekly "deep ball for six" will be given up.

After Second Quarter: Tulane 13...North Texas 13

I fully expect Byrd or Pegram to break one and knot this one up at half. Mac gives a rousing halftime speech and the team is amped for the third quarter.

After Third Quarter: Tulane 16...North Texas 23

We will force a fumble with a big lick on a ball carrier. Then we'll punch it in when Jimmy Jam finds a crease. And tack on another field goal. The defense will continue to settle in and the mental toughness of Tulane will begin to wilt.

After Fourth Quarter and Final: Tulane 23...North Texas 37

Tulane will knot it up on a busted coverage. Then DT hits Brelan for a big one deep. And, because of back and forth punts giving us good field position, we'll see another grind them down touchdown from Pegram or Byrd.

After watching them play La Tech and reading about their ULM win I think these guys will have a solid front four. They just won't be facing the swiss cheese that is Tech or getting the FIVE turnovers that Monroe gave them. And I think Mac and Chico will use their expectation of slants and short routes to draw the corners up so that Brelan can go up top. And I think we will run on them pretty effectively. If we have cleaned up the secondary miscues then I see this game as being a wider margin.

• Upvote 7

No prediction from me, because historically it seems to be bad luck in the close ones. But I will weigh in on a quote from the other board...how do you go to Tulane and not know the difference between "allude" and "elude"?

TooLame fans real high after easy win over ULM in Monroe. Like most who play NT, the vast majority think Tulane will win but at least they think it will be close.

Tulane will be fired up and it will be their homecoming; but I expect a NT win. In fact, if NT keeps focus and plays like they have all year, they should win by a couple of tds. I expect a close game in first half, NT pulls away in second 33-20.

New Orleans is a much better town to celebrate than drown your sorrows in, got enough of the latter in NT's three bowl loses there.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1

Mean Green - 27

Green Wave - 20

It's on the road and Montana does throw deep now and again, and, well....deep has hurt the Mean Green from time to time...just sayin', but bottom line...Mean Green bring home the big road WIN! Book It Danno!