Georgia struggles past North Texas 45-21 in 'tuneup' for LSU

Harry

Posted Image

ATHENS, GEORGIA -- Forget all that cupcake talk or thinking Saturdays game was merely a tune-up for next weeks showdown with No. 6 LSU.

Georgia's season at one time looked dangerously close to being on the brink early in the third quarter against North Texas.

Yes, North Texas.

The Mean Green tied the No. 9 Bulldogs by recovering a blocked punt in the end zone for a touchdown 43 seconds into the third quarter, Georgias second major special teams disaster of the day. Georgia already had surrendered a 99-yard kickoff return for touchdown in the second quarter.

The Bulldogs (2-1) survived all that on a rain-drenched day in Sanford Stadium when it had to work harder than expected to walk away with a 45-21 win.

"We got ourselves into a fight", Georgia coach Mark Richt said. "It could have got really ugly, but it didn't. We continued to settle the game down by playing great defense and continuing to move the ball and get some points, and we were able to finish the game without some drama."

North Texas (2-2) showed it wasnt content just to cash a $975,000 paycheck for the game.

Read more: http://m.savannahnow...s-45-21-victory

Click here to view the article

LSU should beat the snot out of these overrated Puppy Dawgs! But, it is the SEC, so you never know who is going to show up and who isn't.

I think I would rather see the Dawgs kick the hell out of LSU, in my opinion it is a much better reflection on us

• Upvote 2

Only saying that because a and m whooped up on SMU and we gave Georgia a fight. Not trying to belittle our effort, proud if the guys, just speaking from the past perception of our team and the current rankings. SMU is currently ranked huger than us.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 1

Only saying that because a and m whooped up on SMU and we gave Georgia a fight. Not trying to belittle our effort, proud if the guys, just speaking from the past perception of our team and the current rankings. SMU is currently ranked huger than us.

I am not sure Swho matters, they have had their butts kicked by both FBS teams they have played this year, and only win was to Montana State a FCS team and Tech beat SMU at Ford stadium 41-23. I don't see how that is going to help A&M any.

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 1