This MEAN GREEN can win CUSA

trussbussdad

being cautious is understandable. Being so afraid to where you fear teams like Rice, UTSA, Tulane So Miss, and La Tech is ridiculous.

I have seen these teams get more props on this board from some posters, than UNT.

UTSA? Tulane? Really? UNT has looked better than most of the teams we play and that should be a reason for excitement.

You're right buddy. Not a single reason to worry about none of them suckers. They can't touch us! Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 2

You obviously weren't around the last few times we played Tulsa an Rice. Had you been, you would understand the apprehension, not fear.

You have a post minimizing UNTs first 4 games, ok, cool. Do the same with our opponents and see what you come up with. There's no consistency with the logic.

I can understand apprehension with Tulsa and rice. Not based on the fact they beat UNT in 2003 or something, but because they had success as recent as last year and showed they can turn a bad start around. Mid tenn is 3-1, so they may be decent.

Ok, Tulane won 2 games and look weak this year. la tech lost thier coach and most of thier team and they look like trash. so miss lost every game last year and they look bad this year. UTSA hasnt proven anything at all. To be worried about UTSA, Tulane, so miss, la tech is just fear. Basing it on some crazy past experience from 5 years ago is still being fearful. Thats some ole jinx talk. No facts or football based analysis.

• Upvote 1

You have a post minimizing UNTs first 4 games, ok, cool. Do the same with our opponents and see what you come up with. There's no consistency with the logic.

I can understand apprehension with Tulsa and rice. Not based on the fact they beat UNT in 2003 or something, but because they had success as recent as last year and showed they can turn a bad start around. Mid tenn is 3-1, so they may be decent.

Ok, Tulane won 2 games and look weak this year. la tech lost thier coach and most of thier team and they look like trash. so miss lost every game last year and they look bad this year. UTSA hasnt proven anything at all. To be worried about UTSA, Tulane, so miss, la tech is just fear. Basing it on some crazy past experience from 5 years ago is still being fearful. Thats some ole jinx talk. No facts or football based analysis.

No, I'm not minimizing the first 4 games. The fact is we are 2-2. You know who feels just like you? Probably UTSA students. Only they have a conference win to also feel good about. Minimize them being 1-0 if you want to ignore the facts. Logic and I get along very nicely.

Other Facts:

Tulane: 2-2 (1-0)

UTSA: 2-2 (1-0)

MTSU: 3-1

Rice: 1-2

Tulsa: 1-2

Tulane has a QB who's dad was pretty good at QB. If the apple didn't fall to far from the tree, it will be a tough game. UTSA has a mobile QB with an arm and a coach that has been to national championships. Both of those guys have the arms to be able to throw over the weakest link in our defense. Forgive me if I respect all those facts and football analysis.

Truth is, I'm as high on this team than I have been in the past 8 years. There are some similarities early on this year to the early 2000's. Hell, in 2003 we went to a #14 SEC team in their house and lost by 24. I don't remember anyone being as happy with that performance as people are here, now, but someone can dig that thread up and prove me wrong.

I'm at every game waiting for a breakout season, but until we've shown that we can win on the road and win back to back games, I'll keep tempering my overuse of superlatives and crowning us champions, because it would make me look like a fool who ignores facts and football analysis. So I'm sorry I don't share your "confidence" in putting W's down next to games before they've been played.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...