Gone Hedge Trimming...

FirefightnRick

Made the loop 285 by 4:45.... Total driving time 11 hours.... 45 minutes. And got here just in time to see the last 30 minutes of my nephew 's practice. It'll be the only time ill see him play this year since our game is scheduled at the same time as his.

Hn0K7BB.jpg

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Leaving out around 6:30 am to head into Athens. several locals tell me if I don't get there very early that all roads leading into Athens become parking lots.

Bulldogs are favored by 36 1/2

Although it was beautiful today,.. high around 85 and the lows expected to be in the 60's tonight,.. the weatherman said tonight we have an 80% chance of rain.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Made campus by 7:15. It's an easy drive up from Suwanee, bout 46 miles. Hwy 316/29 is similar to 380 between Denton and McKinney,...only it's lined with a forest of 50 foot pine trees.

Campus is beautiful as expected. I'll post photos when I can.

There are dozens of folks out jogging around town.

Just down from Sanford Stadium there are intramural games already going on...at 7:30 am?????

It's 68 degrees and slightly overcast.

Rick

• Upvote 2

I am just now about to head that way from Greenville, SC as the only Mean Green fan in the car filled with red and black. We are going to try to eat at Mama's Boy restaurant, which supposedly has the best breakfast in Athens.

It looks like the rain isn't too far away now.

Edited by jredallas
  • Upvote 1

z6KJIqH.jpg

Statue of Abraham Baldwin in front of the oldest and first building on the UGA campus. Erected in 1806 and renovated in 2006.

Baldwin served as a chaplain in the continental army and wrote the first charter to start UGA in 1785.

The folks here are great just like the good folks at Clemson were two years ago,..which is a complete 180 from what youll experience in places such as Lubbutocks and Norman.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, we made them shit their pants there for a little bit. It was so quiet in the third when we tied it up. DAMN that was awesome!!!

Had we connected on a couple of plays things might have been different. Still, a 14 point game with 4:45 left to go against #9 isn't too bad, but I wished we could have run the clock out there at the end and kept it that way. Overall a lot of fun..

I'll say this.... we got a defense people! Late in the game after they kicked that field goal to go up 17 our defense came off the field pissed off because through it all they were in it for the win. FOR THE WIN FOLKS!!!!....against gainst #9 Georgia....late in the game!

When was the last time we could say that?

That corner we have been trying to turn may be within sight!

It's monsooning here now. Gonna be a slow drive back to Suwanee.

Tulane.... You better buckle it up tight cause the REAL green is coming.

The future.....IT's ALL GOOD AND ALL GREEN!!!!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

Headed home... Already west of Atlanta.

BTW... yesterday in the second half when the game was still close Dr. Rawlins was on the sidelines in full rain gear,.... smiling like a possum. I thought it was cool seeing the pres in a downpour enjoying the game.

Rick

That guy is the coolest. Balances our budget, coaxes the BoR into $30M for Athletics, and is as diehard a fan as he can be.

Let's hope his future replacement is even half the guy Rawlins is.

A few more pictures.

a5GnKPp.jpg

Fran Tarkenton and Pat Dye being honored before the game.

qtElV8y.jpg

KxEnjO5.jpg

BzQy0HE.jpg

GTsRh0x.jpg

When your there at field level you realize the true difference in size and speed of a top ranked SEC program compared to a mid major. All of them are huge and run like gazelles. That's why it was so incredible to see our guys, ....especially our defense,... hitting them in the mouth all day and having fun doing it.

Such a great time.

By the way, I met a couple who lives in Athens. The husband graduated from North Texas and they were thrilled to get to see the home team host us for once. They tried to talk me into staying that evening because apparently Athens becomes a big music scene/party type atmosphere place that according to them is truly unique.. Sounded somewhat like Denton to me. Still... I may try to stay after game day if we ever get to return some day.

Rick