Georgia trounces North Texas in NCAA 14

Harry

Do not the score fool you, I am a better player than Shirkey.

Any run of the mill NCAA 14 player (Shirkey) can come in and beat a powerhouse competitor (Me) when he’s playing North Texas, which is ranked a 72 overall, while playing with Georgia who is a 91.

Flashback to two weeks ago when we played with even teams and I romped Alec by a score of 56-35 with South Carolina, but I’m not here to dog on Shirkey (although it may be warranted).

This week, I beat myself.

Going up against the Georgia offense was nearly impossible with the Mean Green’s defensive players, and Aaron Murray tore my secondary apart, only missing on one throw. Besides on 60-yard run in the first quarter, I controlled Todd Gurley for the rest of the game, holding him to around 60 yards on 12 carries.

On the offensive side of the ball, it was an up and down ride.

Yes, I threw four interceptions, one being on a hail mary at the end of the first half, but I was still able to put up big numbers despite my inferior athletes. My quarterback Derek Thompson, who was named Conference USA Offensive Player of the Week in real life, put up 400 yards and a touchdown, hitting 19-of-30 throws.

Wide out Lynrick Pleasant ran circles around Georgia’s secondary, catching four passes for 98 yards, adding to my 468 total yards.

I could a similar score being up on the jumbotron at the end of Saturday’s matchup, but I don’t necessarily see Thompson throwing for 400 yards.

Read more: http://www.redandblack.com/sports/player-likeness-georgia-trounces-north-texas-in-ncaa/article_6d05e1c4-2226-11e3-babf-001a4bcf6878.html

STATS from the NCAA '14 game
Georgia:
493 total yards
18 first downs
25 rushes for 167 yards, 3TDs
326 passing yards
0 turnovers
North Texas:
468 total yards
19 first downs
15 carries for 68 yards, 2 TDS
400 passing yards
4 turnovers
If NT turns the ball over 4 times, it will lose. If NT has less than 150 yards rushing it will lose. If NT has more than 300 yards passing it will lose.
If Georgia averages 6.68 yards per rush NT will lose. The Mean Green Offense will have to grind it out and the Defense will have to slow down Georgia's running game. Make Aaron Murray prove he's a serious Heisman candidate.
  • Upvote 1

If it would have been me I would have walked all over UGA with UNT. I take no prisoners in NCAA 14. Heisman mode of course.

I played the game earlier this week (like I have each game week now this season) and consider myself to be pretty decent, but I lost.

Don't get me wrong. It was a pretty good game up until halftime. Despite a forced throw that led to a key interception for Georgia, I had them within seven at the intermission, 14-7. My defense was stellar in the first half, and the lone UNT TD came off a beautiful bomb to a wide-open Carlos Harris for a 59 yard TD reception to tie the game early in the 2nd quarter.

But, (as I really could only expect going into the game) Georgia went into beast mode in the second half. Their depth and stamina wore me down and even though my guys put up a great fight, I had to keep telling myself in my mind, "I really didn't expect to win this."

Despite the valiant effort, we fell 38-7. I got desperate in that 4th quarter (still only down 10 at the time) and started forcing passes. That led to my demise.

Edited by TheFranchise
  • Upvote 1