Greatest bowl games of all time

Dr. Seuss

I was thinking today whats my top 5 greatest bowl games. Here's my list

1. Boise vs Oklahoma

2. Texas vs USC

3. Miami vs OSU

4. TCU vs Wisconsin

5. Arkansas vs OSU

Nice list, but of course I have to be a homer and add NT vs. Cincinnati. Number one on your list was definitely special. We were listening and driving through New Mexico in the middle of nowhere during that game, and finally found a TV during the second half in a one stop sign town. Great game, Twilight Zone type experience.

Nice list, but of course I have to be a homer and add NT vs. Cincinnati. Number one on your list was definitely special. We were listening and driving through New Mexico in the middle of nowhere during that game, and finally found a TV during the second half in a one stop sign town. Great game, Twilight Zone type experience.

Haha I was singing karaoke at Texas Jive while we were watching that on the big screen. I was watching the whole time I was singing, and of course the timing was perfect - because in the middle of my song I yelled, "Holy shit, Boise State beat OU!" right into the mic and everybody's heads snapped around right at the end of the 2-point conversion.

I'd like to add another Boise to the list - umm I think it was the 2004 Motor City Bowl? Stefan LeFors and Lousiville vs...Jared Zabranski? and Boise State. There were like 7 lead changes and tons of crazy cool plays in that game. I think it ended like 44-41. I know it's not a BCS bowl or a UNT appearance, but that was one of the best bowl games I've ever seen.

My top 5 not involing UNT

1. 2007 Fiesta Boise 43 Oklahoma 42 Any game won on a Statue of Liberty deserves #1

2. 1970 Cotton Texas 21 Notre Dame 17 2 4th Q drives that went 153 yds on 35 plays (2 on 4th down)

Won national championship in the last seconds of the game.

3. 2006 Rose Texas 41 USC 38 Young scores on a 4th & 5 from the 8 with 19 second left.

4. 2012 Fiesta OSU 41 Stanford 38 Won in OT

5. 2011 Rose TCU 21 Wisconsin 19 TCU stopped 2 pt conversion & recovered the onside kick.

Not a bowl game, but if you haven't seen the movei "Harvard beats Yale 29-29" you might enjoy it...you will see a few ,now old, young movie stars talking about the game as well...its pretty good movie....I watched it on Netflix

fyi, unavailable to stream on Netflix.

Edited by greenminer

Nebraska-Miami in the Orange Bowl in 1984 is still the best college game I've ever watched.

Texas-USC in the 2005 National Championship game was great, too.

Boise State over OU with all the trick plays is up here, too.

The Cotton Bowl of 1982 between Texas and Alabama, won in the 4th quarter by UT, 14-12 was also terrific, but a cut below the other three.

The TCU-Boise State Poinsettia Bowl was also very good, TCU winning 17-16, between two top ten teams.

The Snow Bowl between Mississippi State and Texas A&M in the Independence BOwl was also great, with MSU beating the Aggies in OT.

And, finally, to homer it up, UNT over Cincy in the NO Bowl of 2002. This has been the pinnacle of being a UNT Football fan, watching your underdog team beat the favorite in a great town in a bowl game against a team people actually have heard of.