Collin County North Texas vs. Georgia Watching Party

UNT 90 Grad

The Collin County North Texas vs. Georgia watching party will be at Fairview Down Under on 9/21 at 11am (kickoff at 11:21). http://fairviewdownunder.com/ Fairview Down Under is located at The Village at Fairview, between Allen and McKinney at the northeast corner of US 75 and Stacy Road, behind the JC Penny. They have a full restaurant and bar. The game will be projected on the big screen as well as on various TVs throughout. The game audio will be piped throughout the restaurant. They will have several drink specials for Mean Green fans. They include:

· Choose from three special green shots for $3 each including

o Melon Balls

o Green Kamikazes

o Green Apples

· Buckets of Beer for $12

· Coach “Mac”tinis (Grey Goose Martinis) for $7

We will also have door prizes and a raffle.

med_gallery_3776_75_876603.jpg

(KRAM1 - If you don't show up, please expect me to remind you of all the comments you made last week about how close the Allen area is to Denton! :thumbsu: )

• Upvote 1

The Collin County North Texas vs. Georgia watching party will be at Fairview Down Under on 9/21 at 11am (kickoff at 11:21). http://fairviewdownunder.com/ Fairview Down Under is located at The Village at Fairview, between Allen and McKinney at the northeast corner of US 75 and Stacy Road, behind the JC Penny. They have a full restaurant and bar. The game will be projected on the big screen as well as on various TVs throughout. The game audio will be piped throughout the restaurant. They will have several drink specials for Mean Green fans. They include:

(KRAM1 - If you don't show up, please expect me to remind you of all the comments you made last week about how close the Allen area is to Denton! :thumbsu: )

Ha! Ha! There is a watch party IN Denton as well. So, how any folks showed up last week that could just as easily been atbApogee? Just kidding...you know how much I appreciate the efforts you have made and are continuing to make in the area. Remember those first couple? Your group has come a long way, and I applaud your efforts and success!

P.S. I will be in Utah this weekend. That really is a bit far of a drive to Allen.

· Choose from three special green shots for $3 each including

o Melon Balls

o Green Kamikazes

o Green Apples

· Buckets of Beer for $12

· Coach “Mac”tinis (Grey Goose Martinis) for $7

We will also have door prizes and a raffle.

I don't remember ... do they have a WiFi network available? I am on-call for work and the only way I might attend is if I happen to get called during the game I can still get logged onto the company network via a WiFi access point.

• Upvote 1

I don't remember ... do they have a WiFi network available? I am on-call for work and the only way I might attend is if I happen to get called during the game I can still get logged onto the company network via a WiFi access point.

Yes, they do. That's how I streamed the Ohio game at the last watching party.
  • Upvote 1

So, is there a watching party in Denton for the Georgia game?

Yes, the Denton Hooter's on I-35 has stepped up to be the official UNT away game watch party site. Drink and food specials....

Really appreciate them for stepping up with this. Did you know that GMG.Com's only and UNT grad Green'NawlinsVet is a manager at the Denton Hooter's? Great guy...has donated on several occasions to the GMG.Com Flag a Football game silent auction. And, he remains a big UNT supporter!

• Upvote 1

Yes, the Denton Hooter's on I-35 has stepped up to be the official UNT away game watch party site. Drink and food specials....

Really appreciate them for stepping up with this. Did you know that GMG.Com's only and UNT grad Green'NawlinsVet is a manager at the Denton Hooter's? Great guy...has donated on several occasions to the GMG.Com Flag a Football game silent auction. And, he remains a big UNT supporter!

Thanks !!

• Upvote 1

Hooter's...Denton? Who would've thunk it?! Little D has come a LONG ways from my Days of pounding Pitchers at Bullwinkle's and Cozy Oaks!

• Upvote 1

KRAM is in Utah...that's practically down the road compared to Texas! Guess you'll probably have to use ESPN3 out there, huh? My sister in law lives out there, but she went to TWU...and she and her husband are Longhorns fans :(

That does bring up an interesting point...has anyone ever tried to get TWU involved? I know they have their own ladies' teams, but for any football fans (or those with a significant other who is a football fan) we could try to figure out a way to have our fellow Denton University students, alumni, faculty...whoever get into our stadium! I don't expect that it would be a huge draw, but if we could get a couple hundred a year interested, and they choose to stick around...well, that could be an interesting building block.

Has this ever been tried before? It may sound like just another crazy idea...but until we try them, we never know which ones are too crazy to work, right?

KRAM is in Utah...that's practically down the road compared to Texas! Guess you'll probably have to use ESPN3 out there, huh? My sister in law lives out there, but she went to TWU...and she and her husband are Longhorns fans :(

That does bring up an interesting point...has anyone ever tried to get TWU involved? I know they have their own ladies' teams, but for any football fans (or those with a significant other who is a football fan) we could try to figure out a way to have our fellow Denton University students, alumni, faculty...whoever get into our stadium! I don't expect that it would be a huge draw, but if we could get a couple hundred a year interested, and they choose to stick around...well, that could be an interesting building block.

Has this ever been tried before? It may sound like just another crazy idea...but until we try them, we never know which ones are too crazy to work, right?

Yep...has been tried with little to no success, but that was years ago. Might be time to reach out again in some manner. Don't really know how it might be done, but I do know that I have had TWU folks...even coaches...attend events I have sponsored supporting UNT Athletics. In fact, a friend of mine who supports TWU also and I am working on a joint event concept at this moment. Don't know what might come of it, but we are hopeful...early early stages at this time, but it holds possibilities.

Kudos to Todd for another great watching party. Even convinced one of the guys that I invited to join the Alumni Association. Working on him joining the Mean Green Club as well. One step at a time... Had a great turnout and some new faces showed up. Again, Great job Todd!!! Thanks for putting this together!!! :thumbsu:

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

• Upvote 1

Kudos to Todd for another great watching party. Even convinced one of the guys that I invited to join the Alumni Association. Working on him joining the Mean Green Club as well. One step at a time... Had a great turnout and some new faces showed up. Again, Great job Todd!!! Thanks for putting this together!!! :thumbsu:

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Super! Todd has done a super job setting these up pretty much as the head guy in Collin County. He has now worked over a pretty long period of time and the results are really positive. We need some folks in Dallas, in FT. Worth, etc., etc. to take up the banner as well. We have folks in Phoenix, Ariz. and San Antonio leading the way to build groups and that is more great news. Thanks to Todd for showing how it can be done.

Really glad it went so well.

Thanks guys. I have a great time doing it. I too would love to see something similar going on in more and more counties. We could all learn from each other.

Side note: It was great to see the Bud Light sponsored North Texas Alumni banners that Fairview Down Under now has hanging around the restaurant. They are really showing initiative in making this a welcoming home for Mean Green fans.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Todd for another great "Game Watching" party at the Down Under!

I like this place- plenty of room to move around, good food, and the Down Under staff

is very helpful! I see more and more Mean Green fans showing up for these events!

Thank you again!

Charlie

Side note- the folks from Missouri that came in and sat down beside our group, certainly now

know, we are the "Mean Green"! The Missouri group were into the game too! Cheering for

the Mean Green! Outstanding!