.....going 9-4

casual fan

The road wins need to happen before we think extension. I firmly believe MAC is on the right track. If we are going to a bowl game this year will have to win some on the road. If that happens, then lets think about this.

By my math, and I could be wrong, we can qualify for and go to a bowl game by only winning at home. Four remaining home games, if all are Ws, gets us to six wins and bowl eligibility. We have a much better chance of getting the bowl invite if we win a couple on the road, but it can be done by defending the home field.

By my math, and I could be wrong, we can qualify for and go to a bowl game by only winning at home. Four remaining home games, if all are Ws, gets us to six wins and bowl eligibility. We have a much better chance of getting the bowl invite if we win a couple on the road, but it can be done by defending the home field.

We can qualify, but we probably won't go to a bowl game only winning home games. That would mean we finish 3rd or 4th in the West.

It's an interesting idea though. I might do some math later.

• Upvote 1

I don't think the team will sweep all four remaining home games.

MTSU: Always tough.

Rice: The best team in CUSA West and will be favored.

UTEP: I know they haven't seemed like a world beater but they will bring a ton of fans and this game will be important to their alumni.

UTSA: Seems to me that most NT fans are underrating these guys, this game will also be huge for their fans.

I would love, LOVE to go 3-1 in the four remaining games. That means we have to win on the road.

• Upvote 1

IF, and a big IF here, there is any extension at years end, it should be for no more than 2 years on to the 2 years he has left.

One 6-6 season, at the end of which you will lose A LOT of seniors and have no clear answer at QB, is no reason to give away money. We could easily regress to 3-9 next year.

But, we gave a huge extension to an AD for no reason, so who knows.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1