Apologies are due to Derek tonight!

Harry

DT --

Buddy you had a TERRIFIC GAME tonight and your run for the TD was fantastic!! I have had my doubts but after tonight I am sorry for doubting your ability to win!!

Great night and thanks for getting us the win!! As fans we have a LOT of excitement about this season and getting this win helps a LOT!!! GMG!

DT= MVP of Ball State WIN!!

I could have swore he broke his thumb. It looked awful on TV. However, like always, DT showed tremendous guts and passion. I'm glad he is our starter. I hope he keep building.

I told everyone around me his wrist or finger was broke... It was hard to see from the stands. I thought for sure he was out. Then he got right back in and kept kicking ass! Great job to a man I doubted, and never will again.

Also, McNulty did a fine job filling in.

• Upvote 2

Derek played better tonight than at any other time I've seen him.

I could tell he was having a great game and making some very nice throws during the game, but when I got home and re-watched on TV, I wasn't giving him enough credit. Some pinpoint throws out of him tonight.

Hats off to Derek. He played a heckuva game. Hopefully this Derek comes out for the remainder of the season. I like this version.

One thing that his play tonight reminded me of was how many sports he played in high school; other than football, also tennis and baseball, with some saying he could have gone pro in baseball. I can't remember whether he was on the track team or not, but it seems like he was considered at least somewhat of a threat to run. I just hope I don't see him take on that sideline bench again. Athletically, I don't think anyone had done anything as an athlete before him in Glen Rose. The guy has real guts; I'm glad to see him getting some credit.

Edited by eulessismore

Good post Harry. There were some fans on the alum side sitting behind us that were constantly yelling against Thompson during the first half. Constantly yelling for Williams to get in. Yelling for Mac to be fired. Sarcastically yelling "Why Not North Texas" because that's what Mac said when he was hired. It was pathetic and embarrassing.

Look, I get being a passionate fan...and I get that it's frustrating at times seeing mistakes and sloppy football. But it wasn't necessary to hear all that and explain to my 9 and 7 year old sons why those fans were cheering AGAINST our own team.

It was sweet though when Thompson kept kicking ass and the defense stepped up...didn't hear a peep after that. It seemed they were upset that Thompson did awesome and we won...I guess it's easier to be negative and yell as loud as you can to tear someone else down.

I for one was very frustrated too during the first half...first quarter especially, but realized that it doesn't do anyone any good to scream negative remarks to our own team.

• Upvote 2

I sat close to those clowns, too. At first I thought that they were NT students who had slipped into our section, then I thought they were high schools kids, then I thought they were junior high kids, etc. Call me crazy, but at times Derek Thompson looked like Steve Ramsey out there yesterday.

• Upvote 1

I sat close to those clowns, too. At first I thought that they were NT students who had slipped into our section, then I thought they were high schools kids, then I thought they were junior high kids, etc. Call me crazy, but at times Derek Thompson looked like Steve Ramsey out there yesterday.

and then you realized they were just a couple of GMG posters.

• Upvote 1

As I said in another thread, great night. But we have seen these before (KSt last year) and then had letdowns. What we have been missing - and MUST have to #Hit6 - is a sDimilar performance on a weekly basis. DT should not have to win every game for us like this, but he has to keep the errors to a minimum and be accurate. With 2 out of 3 strong performances and overall better accuracy this year, I am leaning towards believing.

DT did not have a horrible game against Ohio. as bad as we started, it was 21-21. Had the play calling, secondary, and special teams played like they did yesterday, we probably still could have snuck that one.

DT --

Buddy you had a TERRIFIC GAME tonight and your run for the TD was fantastic!! I have had my doubts but after tonight I am sorry for doubting your ability to win!!

Great night and thanks for getting us the win!! As fans we have a LOT of excitement about this season and getting this win helps a LOT!!! GMG!

DT= MVP of Ball State WIN!!

I said in another thread that I felt he played like a true leader for the first time. Congrats and thanks to him for the win.