Best Marching Band In the Land Worth Price of Tickets Alone But...

PlummMeanGreen

...ain't it great to see our Mean Green football program ever so slowly and surely improving, too?

No, lets look beyond just 1 game or 2 and not get all lnit-picky with the stated aforementioned above, but

North Texas has a great chance to become 2 & 1 tomorrow afternoon while some in the DFW area are setting at 1 & 2.

The Green Brigade is operating at a higher level that I've not seen since my first game at UNT in September of 1973.

We have the whole package now: Improving Mean Green football program across the board, a marching band that

some schools would kill to have at their school, too; only thing missing is just more fans at Apogee who show no matter

who we play.

Anyone else notice how UT and TAMU students showed for North Texas in past years when we played them in Austin

and College Station, respectively?

• Upvote 2

...ain't it great to see our Mean Green football program ever so slowly and surely improving, too?

No, lets look beyond just 1 game or 2 and not get all lnit-picky with the stated aforementioned above, but

North Texas has a great chance to become 2 & 1 tomorrow afternoon while some in the DFW area are setting at 1 & 2.

The Green Brigade is operating at a higher level that I've not seen since my first game at UNT in September of 1973.

We have the whole package now: Improving Mean Green football program across the board, a marching band that

some schools would kill to have at their school, too; only thing missing is just more fans at Apogee who show no matter

who we play.

Anyone else notice how UT and TAMU students showed for North Texas in past years when we played them in Austin

A&M packs in about 30,000 to 40,000 students for games regardless of who they play. Thier tickets are not free either.

Jim, you might want to adjust your meds. Our current bloated Green Brigade could not hold a candle to some of the more svelte and up tempo groups......like this one....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbrsnWb2Wwc

Notice the drum line with their own jackets on? This was the first team drum line that went to (and won) national competitions.......AND THEY PERFORMED WITH THE MARCHING BAND.

Notice the portion of the show where the dancers performed. They had to keep up with the band rather than the band having to slow down or dumb down their performance.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Jim, you might want to adjust your meds. Our current bloated Green Brigade could not hold a candle to some of the more svelte and up tempo groups......like this one....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbrsnWb2Wwc

Notice the drum line with their own jackets on? This was the first team drum line that went to (and won) national competitions.......AND THEY PERFORMED WITH THE MARCHING BAND.

Notice the portion of the show where the dancers performed. They had to keep up with the band rather than the band having to slow down or dumb down their performance.

I don't get the angst over this... Our "second team" drum line is probably still better than any other drumline in the state/conference.

Let the other guys focus on their drumline-specific competitions. No qualms here.

Maybe just add some ginko biloba to my pharmaceutical cocktail, Bill? :wacko:

Yep A&M has the largest student representation in the country.

https://twitter.com/AggieTickets/status/378293178123571201

For the BAMA game they pulled 30,000+

It has been really cool to see the students at UNT get more and more behind their football program.

Coach McCarney and the student athletes are doing a great job building this program.

• Upvote 2

Yep A&M has the largest student representation in the country.

https://twitter.com/AggieTickets/status/378293178123571201

For the BAMA game they pulled 30,000+

It has been really cool to see the students at UNT get more and more behind their football program.

Coach McCarney and the student athletes are doing a great job building this program.

Still too many drunk on the hill rather than in the stadium. Shut them down at game time. Start running them in for loitering and minor consumption if they are still up there after half. Get their attention that the game not the all day party is the reason for being there!

• Upvote 3

Still too many drunk on the hill rather than in the stadium. Shut them down at game time. Start running them in for loitering and minor consumption if they are still up there after half. Get their attention that the game not the all day party is the reason for being there!

I was a little surprised at the number of students who stay on the hill watching TV / playing games/ socializing instead of going into the game.

• Upvote 1

I was a little surprised at the number of students who stay on the hill watching TV / playing games/ socializing instead of going into the game.

Why do that? Obviously if they're doing something terribly illegal that needs to be addressed but like I stated a few weeks ago that NT Athletics needs to make more friends, not enemies. If people don't want to go to the game and tailgate then let it be. Let's just take care of business and keep on winning football games. We do that then more and more people will want to come inside the stadium to watch the game.

• Upvote 3

Why do that? Obviously if they're doing something terribly illegal that needs to be addressed but like I stated a few weeks ago that NT Athletics needs to make more friends, not enemies. If people don't want to go to the game and tailgate then let it be. Let's just take care of business and keep on winning football games. We do that then more and more people will want to come inside the stadium to watch the game.

Exactly. These people are on the cusp of coming in... Don't drive them away. Do something to get them in. WIN!

• Upvote 1

Exactly. These people are on the cusp of coming in... Don't drive them away. Do something to get them in. WIN!

Yes, but according to some you must not just win...you must win against the proper team on the proper day and at the proper time. Get with the program MeanGreenTexan!

And, for the record...I agree...leave 'em alone. They are closer to becoming rears in the seats than they ever have. Find a way to make the final push, don't give them resins and excuses to not come. We have too many "so called" fans who use every excuse they can to withdraw support for our student-athletes.

• Upvote 1

Oh Malaguena...

• Upvote 1

Will band wear their " real uniforms" this Sat or the short pant t shirt version? Note TT and every other program does wear their complete unis not some cooled down outfit

And you have the audacity to call another fan's post the "stupidest post ever" ? You are way ahead in that category with these posts.

Edited by Green Dog
  • Upvote 2

This is what you're going to hang your pageantry/performance hat on?

I feel so much better about dropping out of those debates.

• Upvote 1

This is what you're going to hang your pageantry/performance hat on?

I feel so much better about dropping out of those debates.

Well, you never participated in it very much anyway. Plus, I thought that I clarified "showmanship" as what I really wanted from the GB. "Pageantry" is the whole package....the Band, and the spirit groups working together etc.....the whole game experience.

1991 was the oldest I've come across. My apples to apples comparison was after they entered the field and started their actual show. No GB has ever made a grand entrance since possibly the 60's....maybe early 70's. And to be honest, it wasn't as grand as some of the bands I've offered up here as an example....but at least they did better than the GB in recent history. There were better manifestations of the GB in the 80's when their shows always featured a drumline segment.

But are you seriously telling me that you think that the current GB plays better, and moves better (more up-tempo) than the 91 group? Are you seriously implying that the current bloated group with their wandering out on the field, lining up, and then playing the fight song, concert style,is an acceptable example of a big time college band?

Or better than this?........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbr653aXHtA

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, you never participated in it very much anyway. Plus, I thought that I clarified "showmanship" as what I really wanted from the GB. "Pageantry" is the whole package....the Band, and the spirit groups working together etc.....the whole game experience.

1991 was the oldest I've come across. My apples to apples comparison was after they entered the field and started their actual show. No GB has ever made a grand entrance since possibly the 60's....maybe early 70's. And to be honest, it wasn't as grand as some of the bands I've offered up here as an example....but at least they did better than the GB in recent history. There were better manifestations of the GB in the 80's when their shows always featured a drumline segment.

But are you seriously telling me that you think that the current GB plays better, and moves better (more up-tempo) than the 91 group? Are you seriously implying that the current bloated group with their wandering out on the field, lining up, and then playing the fight song, concert style,is an acceptable example of a big time college band?

Or better than this?........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbr653aXHtA

This is a horrendously ludicrous assessment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1