Beyond the Green 2013 - Episode 2

ColoradoEagle

The next episode of Beyond the Green premieres today on Fox College Sports and tomorrow on Fox Sports Southwest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNCJcByQHWg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-59trglt7S8

Thursday, September 12 - 5:00 PM CDT (Fox College Sports Central)

Friday, September 13 - 9:30 AM CDT (Fox Sports Southwest)

Last Week's Episode

North Texas athletics is partnering with Fox Sports Southwest, CSN Houston, Time Warner Sports and Fox College Sports to produce a new television show that will begin airing next week. The show, Beyond the Green, is being tailored after HBO’s Hard Knock’s and ESPN’s All-Access.

The goal of the show is to humanize not just the football team, but players and story lines that develop throughout the season. The executive producer of the show is Ashton Campbell, a North Texas graduate who has years of experience in television. He has produced shows for CBS College Football Confidential, the Big Ten Network and Yahoo Sports. Below is a sneak preview of the show and a segment from the pilot episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pzyF_a_QlE

Beyond the Green can be seen throughout Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas and New Mexico on Fox Sports Southwest, in addition to being seen nationwide on Fox College Sports. Beyond the Green can also be seen on demand at MeanGreenSports.com, FoxSportsSouthwest.com and the Conference USA Digital Network.

Fox Sports Southwest air times for September
September 13 9:30 a.m.
September 20 5:30 p.m.
September 27 10:30 a.m.

Time Warner Sports air times (every Thursday at 6 p.m.)

Fox College Sports Central

Verizon FiOS - Ch. 301

Charter - Ch. 282

AT&T U-Verse - Ch. 648

Time Warner - Ch. 181

DirecTV - Unavailable

DISH - Unavailable

Fox Sports Southwest

Verizon FiOS - Ch. 76 / 576 (HD)

Charter - Ch. 35 / 774 (HD)

AT&T U-Verse - Ch. 753 / 1753 (HD)

Time Warner - Ch. 36 / 184 (HD)

DirecTV - Ch. 676 (SD/HD)

DISH - Ch. 416 (SD) / 366 (HD)

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 2

Dang. This is the second time I've seen the episode without the verde-tinted shades of a home-opening win.

There are some major production flaws here and it's much more noticeable that it's coming from our own department. What sticks out to me most though are the really awful audio editing and the typos -- FREAKING TYPOS -- in some of the lower third graphics.

I feel like a broken record at this point, but all I want is an athletics video staff that can exhibit competence.

#sheesh

• Upvote 3

Dang. This is the second time I've seen the episode without the verde-tinted shades of a home-opening win.

There are some major production flaws here and it's much more noticeable that it's coming from our own department. What sticks out to me most though are the really awful audio editing and the typos -- FREAKING TYPOS -- in some of the lower third graphics.

I feel like a broken record at this point, but all I want is an athletics video staff that can exhibit competence.

#sheesh

This is SO funny, because we have SO MUCH in common!! You and I both want to win football games!!!

• Upvote 2

This is SO funny, because we have SO MUCH in common!! You and I both want to win football games!!!

Of course I want us to win football games.

But I also want a video department to cover said victories to such a good extent that they couldn't be viewed as adversely affecting recruiting in the long run.

• Upvote 1

#sheesh

Is this the fault of our staff or the production staff or are they one in the same?

• Upvote 1

Is this the fault of our staff or the production staff or are they one in the same?

As I understand it, the crew of this Beyond the Green is not part of the athletics department. The AD does provide them with some elements, like game highlight footage. It's produced by an alum. Not sure what company he works for. May be Red Hat, the same guys who do the intro videos.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 1

As I understand it, the crew of this Beyond the Green is not part of the athletics department. The AD does provide them with some elements, like game highlight footage. It's produced by an alum. Not sure what company he works for. May be Red Hat, the same guys who do the intro videos.

Produced by an alum, but the majority of footage and audio takes here are from the football video dept.

Of course I want us to win football games.

But I also want a video department to cover said victories to such a good extent that they couldn't be viewed as adversely affecting recruiting in the long run.

just messin' with ya. I agree with what you are saying, let's expect high quality output, but - I just can recall how far we've come I guess. Maybe this is just growing pains? I really have no frame of reference on this - the videos look pretty great to me.

It is definitely not Red Hat quality.

That was the most depressing episode ever. I honestly felt like I needed a drink after watching that. They should have saved the Orr bit for the end.

#kahluainmycoffee

Ha Ha! LOL. There have only been two episodes...so being the "most depressing ever" is not based on much of an extended run! Have another cup of coffee and start getting taped up for the win over Ball State Saturday. It will make you feel much better. :mom:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Ha Ha! LOL. There have only been two episodes...so being the "most depressing ever" is not based on much of an extended run! Have another cup of coffee and start getting taped up for the win over Ball State Saturday. It will make you feel much better. :mom:

I'm feeling better after cup 3. Smiling and ready for Game 3....... :thumbsu:

• Upvote 2

#sheesh

What happened? Did someone use "loose" when they should have used "lose"?

• Upvote 1

Don't forget this comes on 5pm today on Fox SW for us poor folks that can't afford them fancy channels!

I have Dish but it is not listed on their program as it was last week at the same time slot; that is, unless they changed the program name to Stars Insider since thats on The Dish's 5:00 PM time slot listed program today.

Any updates on this?

• Upvote 1