SMU Attendance for last game 10,107

Harry

Wow I knew things were going south under Jones but that's an awful low attendance number for just their second game of the season. Makes you wonder what it really was!

http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2013-2014/09072013.html

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332502567

I was shocked GMG went this long without talking about a) the attendance of this game B) overtaking the lead at home to an FCS team with 12 seconds left.

Anyone watching will tell you SMU was hand gifted that game. A 30 yard pass interface on MSU with less than a minute left was the difference maker.... Defender never even touched the WR

• Upvote 1

sadly, I think they were still lying. From the video and pictures I saw, I don't think there were more than 6k at Ford

I am sure people bought tickets that weren't there and with temperatures lately I can't say I don't blame them. However, I sweated it out at Idaho and will do so again Saturday. Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1

Anyone watching will tell you SMU was hand gifted that game. A 30 yard pass interface on MSU with less than a minute left was the difference maker.... Defender never even touched the WR

I was listening to that 4th quarter, and it really sounded unreal. As in an extra 6-7 figures to get out of town with a loss unreal. Seriously, it just had that feel to it.

It's 9/11....God Bless America.

On Topic:

Shouldn't we really fix our own first and a good start for that would be this Saturday afternoon at 3:00 PM.?

SMU was once a great program we all (silently) or even publicly admired--maybe a bit envious, too, if we'd admit it?. They were in a conference many of us would have given our first born child (if I had one) to be part of.

I can no longer laugh at someone elses hard times when I know we've had a few of our own and still do. I guess all this change from me comes from just getting older, probably a whole bunch being less stupid and just knowing by the age timeline so many of us just have fewer Mean Green rodeos that we'll be a part of.

No, not time to sing Rock of Ages, but beginning to hear the chimes in the distant background. Who can ever know how distant, though? :)

God Bless America...today is 9/11.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

It means they are no longer lying when reporting their attendance.

Rick

The funny thing is, I popped on over to their board to see their comments about it and many of them are saying "oh, they way under estimated. There were much more than 10K there." They can't believe how innacurate the attendance counters were. "Who is counting attendance!!"

Really funny...

SMU was once a great program we all (silently) or even publicly admired--maybe a bit envious, too, if we'd admit it?. They were in a conference many of us would have given our first born child (if I had one) to be part of.

I could tell you I admired them, but it'd be a bunch of bullshit.

• Upvote 3

I suspect there are as many fat cats in those ever increasing luxury boxes as there are regular fans in the stands. Could this topsy turvy situation be a microcosm for this country's greatest disparity of wealth since the great depression? Forgive me, I know that's a stretch, but silly intellectualizing can be kind of fun on this board from time to time.