New Orleans/Tulane Game Role Call and 2013 Trip Details!

kj86

Why not see if you can ride along with somebody else who may have room for more? Throw open a new thread to see if anybody can offer a ride so you can save the gas money. Maybe somebody will even let you sleep on the floor in their hotel room if they're not going with a significant other and you can take along a sleeping bag or something.

Great idea, Jesse. Mean Green Nation comes to the rescue....

• Upvote 1

Does he have any eligibility left? :lol:

Nope, he was a defensive end for Southeastern OK State. D2.. and in OK.... yes.. I know. BUT they won conference!

My 6'5, 265 lb, 24 yr old (other) brother was pressure recruited by Mac the day he came to our house to see #19. Funny. He was a basketball player and now he looks like a stout TE. He still has 3 years of eligibility and a UNT grad now. Our dad is 6'9. I have a son. He'll be there in 11 years.

• Upvote 2

4 places I have been told are a must eat. This info is from a local:

Harbor Seafood and Oyster Bar/Fishermans Cove 3201 Williams Blvd Kenner, Louisiana 70065: You can stop at this place on your way into downtown New Orleans. When you are on I-10 south out of Baton Rouge you will go through Laplace, Louisiana…then there is about a 10 mile bridge that you go over, that dumps you into Kenner, Louisiana which is a suburb of New Orleans…….. STOP HERE FIRST….have I said that enough….first, you have to get at least 2 pounds of the boiled shrimp..these are not your 30-40 count shrimp..They are huge….and seasoned to perfection. They also have boiled blue crabs, and boiled crawfish as well as oysters on the half shell….that is just the appetizer. Their Po-Boys are the best in the area in my opinion…get them “dressed”…comes with lettuce, tomato, pickle and tartar sauce. Any of their specials are great as well. Often they will have blackened fish (tuna, redfish, mahi mahi) with some type of creole sauce…. Awesome. Also, make sure to get an Abita Amber..it is a local beer…better than Shiner!!!!!!

Deanies Seafood 841 Iberville Street New Orleans, Louisiana 70112: Great food. They also have great boiled seafood. There entire menu is great…BUT…they are known for their Seafood Platter…and when I say platter..I mean PLATTER!!! The regular size platter is about $45…but it will feed at least 2 people... Comes with Two Soft Shell Crab (melts in your mouth), shrimp, oysters, catfish, and I can remember what else. They also have the best Fried Onion Rings… great appetizer, but they give you a huge portion…. Great thing about the Seafood platter…you can always take home the rest…for a snack later.

Drago’s Seafood Restaurant 2 Poydras Street, New Orleans (In the Hilton Hotel, across from Harrah’s): Ok, once again..anything you get here is good …BUT…they are known around the world for their Charbroiled Oysters…They are absolutely great. If you go to their website, you are greeted with the site of this dish sitting on the grill in their kitchen….

Lil’ Dizzy’s Café 1500 Esplanade Avenue New Orleans, Louisiana 70116 (504-569-8997): Ok….I am going to be honest…all the years I lived in the Big Easy..I never knew about this place..until 4 years ago. President’s, actors, and all sorts of hob nobbery have eaten at this place…. Now……it is a hole in the wall. When you drive down Esplanade, you are going to think you are in the hood….and…you are…. BUT…do not let that fool you or stop you from going here. They have a breakfast buffet in the mornings. About 11 they switch and have a lunch buffet. On Sundays, they have a “Brunch”….it is awesome as well. The family that runs it..have been there for years… the food is killer… it is not a big place, in fact smaller than Harbor Seafood restaurant area…so either get there early or wait in line…but go here. The buffet is not huge, but don’t let that stop you…the food is awesome, and their Gumbo is world famous. I listed the phone number so you could call and ask about times. I have heard they have added dinner times as well, but they used to just open for Breakfast and Lunch during the week.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A random dude just stopped me and said, what's the deal? I must have seen 500,000 of you last night on Bourbon Street. I doubt there are more than a few hundred of us, but people are taking notice of the Mean Green nation in NOLA this weekend. Let's hope the team leaves an impression as well. GMG