Beyond the Green 2013 - Episode 1

ColoradoEagle

Just a reminder that the first episode of Beyond the Green premieres today on Fox College Sports and tomorrow on Fox Sports Southwest.

Thursday, September 5 - 5:00 PM CDT (Fox College Sports Central)

Friday, September 6 - 5:00 PM CDT (Fox Sports Southwest)

North Texas athletics is partnering with Fox Sports Southwest, CSN Houston, Time Warner Sports and Fox College Sports to produce a new television show that will begin airing next week. The show, Beyond the Green, is being tailored after HBO’s Hard Knock’s and ESPN’s All-Access.

The goal of the show is to humanize not just the football team, but players and story lines that develop throughout the season. The executive producer of the show is Ashton Campbell, a North Texas graduate who has years of experience in television. He has produced shows for CBS College Football Confidential, the Big Ten Network and Yahoo Sports. Below is a sneak preview of the show and a segment from the pilot episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pzyF_a_QlE

Beyond the Green can be seen throughout Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas and New Mexico on Fox Sports Southwest, in addition to being seen nationwide on Fox College Sports. Beyond the Green can also be seen on demand at MeanGreenSports.com, FoxSportsSouthwest.com and the Conference USA Digital Network.

Fox Sports Southwest air times for September
September 6 5 p.m.
September 13 9:30 a.m.
September 20 5:30 p.m.
September 27 10:30 a.m.

Time Warner Sports air times (every Thursday at 6 p.m.)
September 5 6 p.m. (first show airs)

Fox College Sports Central

Verizon FiOS - Ch. 301

Charter - Ch. 282

AT&T U-Verse - Ch. 648

Time Warner - Ch. 181

DirecTV - Unavailable

DISH - Unavailable

Fox Sports Southwest

Verizon FiOS - Ch. 76 / 576 (HD)

Charter - Ch. 35 / 774 (HD)

AT&T U-Verse - Ch. 753 / 1753 (HD)

Time Warner - Ch. 36 / 184 (HD)

DirecTV - Ch. 676 (SD/HD)

DISH - Ch. 416 (SD) / 366 (HD)

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Upvote 3

This program is being produced and directed by Ashton Campbell an RTF Graduate from UNT. Really nice guy -- I got a chance to meet him on Saturday. He was working very hard, and as we all know it was blistering hot. Can't wait to see the show! GMG!

If you have AT&T Uverse you can order the premium tier for $7 a month and get some really good sports channels and HD Net, MGM movie channel, Sony Movie channel. I think our games against UTEP and UTSA are broadcast on channels in this package on TW Sports and/or CSS.

• Upvote 1

This is not listed as coming on @ 6 tonight on Time Warner Sports on my Uverse DVR. I am recoording that time slot to see if it is a mistake though. I am an HD snob and can't watch Fox College Sports for that reason. I am also recording the HD broadcast on FSSW tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

The episode seemed like a good start, and definitely leagues better than the old Mean Green Insider. Production is a little rough, and some odd decisions here and there (having clips of Jub calling the game right next to him narrating the show, for example). Really enjoyed the locker room scenes, and hope there's more behind the scenes like that in the future. The segment on the centennial celebration was interesting too.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I thought the show was pretty solid. Like ColoradoEagle said, there are a few things that could have been edited slightly better but overall seemed like a good documentary-style show. They profiled the controversy behind DT being our starter and a little bit about our program's history and the then a whole segment on our 100th year anniversary. The last segment showing our first game was good, just thought they could have ended it with something more...it kind of ended a little abruptly. McCarney can really pump the team up and I liked they showed those locker room scenes. I hope we continue this beyond this season!

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 1

Just watched it. I thought it was amazing. You can't help but to love Coach Mac after seeing his passion for North Texas football. I also have to give kudos to Derek Thompson. He seems so confident and poised. I wish nothing but the best for him and hope he succeeds.

This documentary is such great exposure for our program and is exactly what we needed. Times are finally changing around here.

• Upvote 3

The episode seemed like a good start, and definitely leagues better than the old Mean Green Insider. Production is a little rough, and some odd decisions here and there (having clips of Jub calling the game right next to him narrating the show, for example). Really enjoyed the locker room scenes, and hope there's more behind the scenes like that in the future. The segment on the centennial celebration was interesting too.

Jub doesnt narrate the show. Hank Dickenson is the VO narrator.

Thought it was pretty darn good! Really enjoyed the interviews with the 100 Year players and the segment on DT. Thought DT handled it very well.

Plus, as has already been mentioned, this exposure can only help recruiting and overall exposure for UNT.