What would you like to see us do offensively against Ohio?

Harry

I would really like to see us come out and pass on first down like we did against Idaho.

I would also like to see that same pass play that DT barely overthrew to Marcus Smith.

Let's mix in a screen to Brelan!

Would like to see Chris Loving get some time as well.

Exact opposite Harry. I want to see ground-and-pound.

I'd like the running game to dominate and execute passing situations effectively when they arise.

Not going to happen. Different team and style this year. You don't come out game one spreading the ball out to all your new toys only to put them away in game two. Now is not the time to go conservative. Last week showed that they trust DT to let him air it. I expect more of the same.

What do you think they do defensively Harry?

Is Solich the type to throw the sink at us on play one?

Idaho blitzed more than we expected them to per D-Mac.

Considering the small defensive front Ohio has do they do the same?

They got caught up in trying to disguise against Bridgewater. Only it confused them more and Teddy picked apart their defense. I expect them to match-up zone against us. Guard against the close short passes and force us to throw over the top. They will have seen the tape of us throwing 80% of our passes within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. They will have to blitz some because I think our O-Line is too good to just give up sacks one on one.

Not going to happen. Different team and style this year. You don't come out game one spreading the ball out to all your new toys only to put them away in game two. Now is not the time to go conservative. Last week showed that they trust DT to let him air it. I expect more of the same.

Different opponent.

We'll see, but I highly doubt we bomb the heck out of these guys like we did last weekend VS Idaho. And I don't think the passing game would have been as prolific if Byrd did not set the tone early.

I kind of agree with 09. Now, I think that UNT should definitely get the run game going, but I would come out aggressive against Ohio and see if they can be punched down as quickly as possible. WR's really showed up last week. Make Ohio cover them and then start handing off the ball. I would not have said that before the game last week. Would love to see if the receivers can keep it up.

We spread the ball around against Idaho because they have a terrible secondary.

I don't want us to abandon a run game. When I hear ground and pound with this team I think 3 TE sets and running traps and counters and dives up the middle. I want to see a balanced attack. Well rounded run game and pass game, using the same formations we saw on Saturday.

Yes you are right it is a different opponent, but I think you could pound Ohio like you could Idaho. Your going to need to throw the ball to win.

Control the clock....keep their offense off the field and therefore, defense on the field..........kick a field goal and win 3 to 0......then high tail it back to the Lone Star State singing Stevies hit Signed, Sealed, Delivered as our post game victory song.

If we win, any score will do. Yes, most of us want a pull out all the stops offense throwing to 5 or 6 difference receivers and having 4 of our RB's committee get playing time, too; but still.......if we win, any score will do.

GMG!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbhKem5icdw

And because we had the ability to. We had WR's who earned the right to have the ball in their hands. Don't sit there and tell me that you think UNT would have came out with the same game plan last year.

Im saying you game plan to exploit your opponents weaknesses as best you can. (Last year has nothing to do with anything.) Idaho's secondary is the WORST we will see all season ergo we planned to pass against them.

Ohio's secondary on the other hand is nothing like Idaho. I'd say their undersized defensive line is a bigger weakness than their secondary.

Against a zone coverage DT is going to need to be quick and accurate with the ball. A lot tougher test this week than that abomination of a secondary that Idaho had. He doesn't need to be 23-27 this week, but I would like to see a lot more if those high completion passes we had Saturday.

We have the playmakers at receiver to dink and dunk the ball and keep the chains moving. Curls, screens, jet outs, and quick slants worked great because DT got them where they needed to be and our receivers made guys miss. Let's see more of that.

Im saying you game plan to exploit your opponents weaknesses as best you can. (Last year has nothing to do with anything.) Idaho's secondary is the WORST we will see all season ergo we planned to pass against them.

Ohio's secondary on the other hand is nothing like Idaho. I'd say their undersized defensive line is a bigger weakness than their secondary.

Bingo. Maybe people don't realize the secondary we just saw was that bad because they're used to watching ours?

I think anybody who watched the Ohio game this past Sunday would agree that running the ball is what will allow us to keep moving the ball forward and controlling the clock. Its great that we've got some good hands and some (hopefully) accurate throws from Thompson we can depend on if needed, but most of this game should be played on the ground.

• Upvote 3

I think anybody who watched the Ohio game this past Sunday would agree that running the ball is what will allow us to keep moving the ball forward and controlling the clock. Its great that we've got some good hands and some (hopefully) accurate throws from Thompson we can depend on if needed, but most of this game should be played on the ground.

Welcome to the board Tyler!

• Upvote 1

Hey, Tyler Maryak! Welcome to GMG.com! :thumbsu:

Now in the famous words of Betty Davis in the YouTube below, well,, uh.................................(no, not really, it's a fun place to exchange HSO's).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...