Official Ohio Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

I loved what I saw from the Mean Green last Saturday.

The injuries Ohio took VS Louisville will also help UNT.

That being said, I still think the Mean Green lose to Ohio this week. This is a talented, deep, experienced team with very good coaching. Turnovers are going to hurt. Respectable loss though, not an embarrassment.

UNT - 17

Ohio - 27

Prove me wrong fellas! Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

I think Ohio wins this one 34-17. I think we still have a lot of work to do to win a game like this on the road. Plus, I don't see DT having the game he did against Idaho this week. He deserves tons of praise for what he did against the Vandals, but Ohio is better than anyone on our schedule not named Georgia.

• Upvote 2

Back to the Block Lettering: 20

Al Bundy's Alma Mater: 24

As much as I would love this to be a 'Revenge' Game, I just think THE Ohio University has a bit more than the Green. Do pray this Game will be on the Tube (haven't checked yet), if not, I'll head to Stoney's (The Official Ohio U. Bar in Denver) and take my lumps...IF the Green lose. Just skeptical, since the Bar is 'Woody Paige Approved'. Whatever that means. GO Green!

And a Side Note: Dan McDowell of the Ticket in Dallas (don't know if he's still on the air there) is an Ohio U. Alum. Would love to hear his remarks on this Game. Even if they're slighted to the Green with Whiskers.

Edited by NTSUEagle
  • Upvote 1

This is the game North Texas needs to win to turn the tide. Ohio is beatup from the Louisville game. They have 3 starters out total. 2 offensive linemen and 1 linebackup. If we can exploit these weaknesses and get pressure on the QB, then I think we win this one.

North Texas - 24

Ohio - 17

Edited by cdizzle86
  • Upvote 3

We only allowed Idaho to score 6 points. But we did give up almost 400 yards of offense to them. THAT is what has me frightened.

Mac's ground and pound is going to have to work overtime and chew, chew, chew, clock for us to stay in this. Do that and we have a shot. Otherwise it could be a long day.

27 NT

24 Ohio

• Upvote 3

Ohio is overrated. Their 9-4 season last year came off of teams with a combined 54-82 record, not counting the bowl against ULM. They did humiliate ULM pretty badly, who did beat us down at the end of last year. That said, the team ULM beat was pretty one dimensional by the end of last year and is not representative of what was on the field Saturday.

Ohio is returning one of the fewest amounts of starters in FBS (11). Their starting guards and center (even the backup center) are out to injury after the Louisville game. Even before injuries, they put up no fight whatsoever at Louisville.

I'm not saying that Ohio is the equivalent to Idaho. I am saying that they were not as impressive last year as their record indicates, and their injury problems on the OL could lead to a field day for a team focusing on hard hitting defense.

28-13 UNT

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 1

With the Ohio's shorter week and injuries, I'm hoping for:

30-24 GreenGuys

But, I'm afraid without the power of the Flying Worm, we get:

31-20 KittyCats *

Make us proud Mean Green!!!

* since ColoradoEagle is posting the actual results, I'll make this my "official" prediction

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Upvote 3

My thoughts are this....

Idaho's game plan was to stack it and not let UNT run the ball up the middle. (which they succeeded) This opened up the passing game and DT, the OLine and the receivers delivered.

We are probably giving the Ohio coaching staff a little bit of a headache in preparation because we appear to be a truly balanced team. ESPECIALLY the amount of weapons used in the passing game. Do they sell out again to stop the run? (the strength of the team) Do they keep an extra eye on Chancellor? (They better) Both of those strategies could end up burning them like it did Idaho.

It feels good to come off an offensive performance like Saturday and have an upcoming opponent guessing a bit.

My feeling is they will still load up on the run and have a "prove it" attitude toward DT.

I think DT, the OLine and the receivers will deliver again. Ohio adjusts late in the game and then we start to pound the rock. The bend don't break D continues to not break...

UNT 31 - Ohio 24

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2