Vandal Joeyvee thanks UNT

joeyvee

Great to hear you had such a good time, I'd like to think we have a pretty great place, but its nice to hear it from someone not looking through green-tinted glasses

and props to you and all the other Vandal fans who made the journey!

good luck to you all the rest of the season!

• Upvote 1

A class act and a classy program. Thank you for your kind words. We've been in your spot, we know how you feel -- just keep the course things will get better. I think you guys will surprise some people this season I really do and Mac said the same thing. I think your QB is a keeper too BTW. Hope we play again and best of luck to you in this season and beyond Joeyvee!

I am home. All of us had a blast and spent Thurs - Monday in the Dallas-Ft Worth and Denton area having a blast. What a great experience for us. We ate, drank, ate some more and drank some more. We had some Vandals in Irving who took us everywhere and knew how to navigate from here to there. The history, the tours, the sites, the people and the culture was awesome. On Saturday we spent a lot of pre game time in Denton. We loved UNT, its students, the hospitality, the beautiful stadium. I have posted much of this on the Vandal board too. The game was worth it. We have a long ways to go. You all told me that and you all were spot on. Apologies to rock star, houston and 58 (forgot his first part) for bantering and challenging sooooo much, but that is the heart and not the brains at this staged in my life, over 50 years of Vandal football. Your team: You have a very well coached team. I was at ground level for pre-game. I had to weasel my way there (and my group) because at 5:15 no one would have survived section 124. Your players are tough. Your coaches are great. You are under-rated. I believe you will attain 8 wins, or more and be in bowl. You will surprise the C-USA prognosticators who have you low in your division. I will definitely follow you guys. You are in great hands with HC Mac. Pay him well. Keep him long. The pre game pageantry and halftime show (with your old players. and of course, Mean Joe Green) was memorable. We all have pictures. The big screen and stadium is very, very nice and you all should know that most of us liked it better than any we have been in (and that is a ton of stadiums). Yes, laxtonto, it was HOT in Section 123-124. But by KO we all could leave shaded hide outs and go to our seats. By second quarter we were feeling we would make it. By half it was great. I would say that the early home games will roast the visitors, but that is the way it goes. You could move KO to 6:30 or 6:45 to assure a more tolerable area. At 5:15 we were ushered to our seats. We were the very first Vandals to attempt this. Honestly now, we lasted less than two minutes. We sought shade down by the flag pole, and your usher there was gracious enough to look the other way. Your student body has to be the nicest, tamest and smiling est bunch we have been around. You are now 6-4 in the series. I pray I see another UNT - Idaho game in the future. I know this is doubtful. The two universities are so similar in history, campus, traditions, buildings, and love of wit and intellect --- 1889 for us and 1890 for UNT. We just had one great time, despite the weather. I told my friends back home that the Devil asked God, when he spotted Him in the kitchen, "What ya all cooking?" God, answered, "Texas." Again, Harry --- meangreener, rock, 58, tonto, houston and so many others --- We thank you. Good luck in the season. Beat those Ohio "Bobcats" --- 8-4 is what I am going with. I will watch on ESPN3 as our game in Laramie should be over by then. And, do not allow Mac to be grabbed away.

Thanks for the callout! It was a fun game.

The students were in the heat too. It was painful.

Chalich is money. I felt bad he kept getting lit up by the end of the game.

And, don't worry, Mac isn't going anywhere. He bleeds green. I doubt that UNT will let him go or he would choose to leave. I just hope we do turnaround foreshadowed by the Idaho game so he sticks around. I hope he becomes a UNT legend.

Idaho definitely has some of the classier fans and was pleasantly surprised that y'all made it so far!

Edited by meangreener

This is what college football is about. Make new friends, be hospitable to your guests unless they are from SMU and enjoy the day. Wish I could have met you all, but am glad you enjoyed your visit. Good luck to the Vandals.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3

My wife and I talked to a lady from Idaho before the game and she said she did not understand why we were called the Mean Green since the people in at North Texas were so nice...appreciated the comment...did not get her name, but I do know that she flew down from Idaho for the game.

• Upvote 1

My wife and I talked to a lady from Idaho before the game and she said she did not understand why we were called the Mean Green since the people in at North Texas were so nice...appreciated the comment...did not get her name, but I do know that she flew down from Idaho for the game.

Hey, "Mean" is a cool word, like when somebody says I make a "mean" sandwich, I feel all proud. I am glad that those who are not among us all the time can recognize that we are a nice bunch.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Joey! Good to hear you had a good time. You guys will be fun to watch, especially with the Chalich-Watson tandem.

As far as your optimism, sorry if I tried to take it away. Optimism is one of the few things you're guaranteed as a true die-hard fan of a team that goes through it's ups and downs.

Good luck the rest of the year.

• Upvote 1

Nice to know there are still decent fans from other schools that visit this board. Glad you had a great trip. Best of luck to the Vandals the rest of the season. The team will win, just be patient....one step at a time. I believe you have the right coach for the job.

Thanks Joeyvee! Glad you had a great time! I had the pleasure of speaking with a diehard Vandal fan from LA before the game started- probably one of the more nicer persons I've spoken with who only had great things to say about both teams!

Hang in there, the Vandals will get better and I look forward to the next North Texas-Idaho game. Stay classy Idaho!!!

• Upvote 1

You're nuts. I see UTSA car decals daily here in Keller. I predict that section will be maybe 4/5 full.

By the time we play them, they will be 1-9 and there will be no free chicken.

Mark it:

If your car decal theory held water, Apogee would have been over capacity with UNT fans on Saturday. It wasn't. Not everyone who puts a college sticker on their car cares about college football.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

By the time we play them, they will be 1-9 and there will be no free chicken.

Mark it:

If your car decal theory held water, Apogee would have been over capacity with UNT fans on Saturday. It wasn't. Not everyone who puts a college sticker on their car cares about college football.

You could be right, but I think you're not. Did I hedge my position well enough? :ass:

• Upvote 1