Brian Waters to Cowboys

jtm0097

I'm callinlg the Rangers your Daddy because you are now stuck in our division. Unlike before, when your owner made a deal to the new owner to sell the team on the condition that they move to the AL West, further alienating your dwindling fanbase. That's not even mentioning the fact that most of your fanbase can't even WACTH your team play if they don't have Comcast. But the new owner is making tons of cash!! That's awesome!! You're the UT of MLB--make more money than anyone, underachieve at a high rate!!

Surprisingly low in sports IQ is supporting Houston sports teams in an argument against ours. Not another sole in the country that would agree with you outside of the Toilet to the South. Nice of you to pick out your best 15 year stretch of history, though, to support your argument for the Astros. That'd be like me telling you that from 1977 thru 2006, the Cowboys won 4 Super Bowls, went to another one, and also went to the NFC Championship Game in that stretch 9 times.

6 pro champions and 12 championship apperances versus 2* MJ-less NBA titles and 3 titles appearances.//End of Thread

You're including the Rangers best era, as well?

Good lord, you're thick.

I mean, I love how you have to come up with excuses as to why the Rockets are not better than the Mavs. It's cute, but luckily I hate basketball. You're just not very bright when it comes to sports.

Low sports IQ in that you skew and pull statistics that suit your argument because you have nothing besides the Cowboys were really good when we had the Oilers.

That's cool, go brag to the Titans because we send the Oilers packing.

We'll have a ring this year and then will promptly kick the Cowboys halfway across Arlington next year in a stadium that is 60-40 Texans fans.

I was at the 2010 game. It was 2/3 Texan fans...that's pretty good for a team that once was the team of Houston for a few short years.

Edited by meangreener

You're including the Rangers best era, as well?

Good lord, you're a thick toolbag.

I mean, I love how you have to come up with excuses as to why the Rockets are not better than the Mavs. It's cute, but luckily I hate basketball. You're just not very bright.

Low sports IQ in that you skew and pull statistics that suit your argument because you have nothing besides the Cowboys were really good when we had the Oilers.

That's cool, go brag to the Titans because we send the Oilers packing.

We'll have a ring this year and then will promptly kick the Cowboys halfway across Arlington next year in a stadium that is 60-40 Texans fans.

I was at the 2010 game. It was 2/3 Texan fans...that's pretty good for a team that once was the team of Houston for a few short years.

You do realize we had the 2nd best winning percentage in the MLB from 1994-2008, right? "Revisionist" history, bud.

This is from your post above--who is pulling stats that suit their argument? That's why I posted that it would BE LIKE saying the Cowboys best 20 year period included everything under the sun that eclipsed everything your spare town has ever done, if we are just gonna pick out time periods to make our teams look good.

And as far as personal attacks go, I can play, too. You're from Houston, though, so I realize that reading comprehension is hard--you've probably lost a few brain cells from being out in the humidity, eating more fat than a person should ever consume, while swatting away mosquitoes the size of birds.

Aren't you the poster that complained a while back about people who live in suburbs being targeted as fans for the university? If so, don't talk to anyone about being low IQ.

You do realize we had the 2nd best winning percentage in the MLB from 1994-2008, right? "Revisionist" history, bud.

This is from your post above--who is pulling stats that suit their argument? That's why I posted that it would BE LIKE saying the Cowboys best 20 year period included everything under the sun that eclipsed everything your spare town has ever done, if we are just gonna pick out time periods to make our teams look good.

And as far as personal attacks go, I can play, too. You're from Houston, though, so I realize that reading comprehension is hard--you've probably lost a few brain cells from being out in the humidity, eating more fat than a person should ever consume, while swatting away mosquitoes the size of birds.

Aren't you the poster that complained a while back about people who live in suburbs being targeted as fans for the university? If so, don't talk to anyone about being low IQ.

Yup, and you're clearly a Keller-dweller teaching kids how to grow up and be Republican Teabagger Rick Santorum supporters.

Can't argue with someone who can't deal with cold hard facts.

Let's be honest, not a lot of the rich white kids from the northern Fort Worth suburbs go to UNT.

Edited by Harry

Yup, and you're clearly a Keller-dweller teaching kids how to grow up and be a-hole Republican Teabagger Rick Santorum supporters.

Can't argue with someone who can't deal with cold hard facts.

wow...scorched earth is one way to go, I guess, when you lose an argument. Best of luck to the Texans this year!!

• Upvote 1

Last sentence is false.

Pittsburgh has 6.

Actually you are both wrong. The Cowboys and Steelers both have 8 appearances. He did say win or lose. It's a tie in that category.

Meangreener you do realize that other people are correct when they say folks in Houston bring up this city versus city thing more often. If you think DFW is a dump then you should travel more. You seriously sound like you're suffering some inferiority complex. Houston is a fine city. So is DFW. If you are discussing sports history objectively by numbers, not just finite snapshots like you are doing, we know Houston does not win.

Chill out my brother! I am sorry you were so mistreated by the people of the metroplex. You make it sound like Jerry Jones molested you or something. I doubt he did. He just made my property values go up here in Frisco so I like the man.

Edited by UNTexas

Keller? You're trashing Keller?

I think you've missed my rants before about the Mid-Cities/NFW area. My beliefs as a kid were only validated because I work in said area and never before have I ever met more racist, arrogant, narcissistic, entitled, spoiled, delusional and ignorant kids and adults. And I've lived in tons of places throughout my childhood and visited even more...that area is a cesspool of rich white privilege.

FYI, I've lived in Cleveland, Detroit, New York, Orlando, Houston, DFW, Atlanta and have visited/stayed in just about every city east of the Rockies.

There's no where like DFW.

Edited by meangreener

In an attempt to get this thread at least somewhat back on track....assume everyone is aware that Brian Waters is also the recipient of the the UNT Alumni Association's "Distinguished Young Alumni Award". I believe Brian was presented the award in 2012.

gallery_1_2_11211.jpg

Really excited to see Brian Waters wearing the silver and blue. Welcome home, Brian.

• Upvote 1

In an attempt to get this thread at least somewhat back on track....assume everyone is aware that Brian Waters is also the recipient of the the UNT Alumni Association's "Distinguished Young Alumni Award". I believe Brian was presented the award in 2012.

Really excited to see Brian Waters wearing the silver and blue. Welcome home, Brian.

I really wish I could add a Dunbar or Waters jersey next to my Craig Robertson one. But I just can't.

Last sentence is false.

Pittsburgh has 6.

Agree, Partially . You are right Pitts does have six, Dallas has 5... ... Dallas has the most appearances (8) as I stated also.

MEANGreener ... I am not putting down Houston as you are Dallas... I like the Texans and liked the Oilers (especially the Earl Campbell era and the Run&Shoot teams) .... but it is not necessary to slam someone else to make yourself look better ( considered immature (kids do it) and rarely works). Agree Dallas isn't what they were in the 90's or 60's or 70's... but they do win most of their games and are rarely ignored by anyone and with few exceptions are considered a playoff possibility. They may not be as dominant in NFL "clothing" market as they once were but they are still near the top if not the top one.. Travel around the USA and you will still see a lot of Cowboy apparel ... not so much true of others which is pretty regional. Interestingly that they are still considered the most financially valuable franchise in sports, ...and most aren't valued at half their worth.. ...because of number of fans and sales. That was published recently. Sorta of shoots holes in many of your comments.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23152627/cowboys-patriots-and-redskins-are-nfls-most-valuable-franchises

I do put down SMU (my one exception) ... but they have earned it... so many of them are arrogant SOBs for the most part and many constantly slam others (not just us) and have for years and years. . That will lose people's respect.

--

If Houston goes to the Super-Bowl for the next 8 years and wins five of them ... (ie. until 2021) they will have as many appearances as Dallas and won as many .... looking forward to your brags in 2021.... I'm rooting for them if Cowboys don't go. I am 100% Texan and family has been for 140 years. .

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66