So...no remarks on the UNT band?

oldguystudent

I noticed that the MGB had matching hats, shirts and shorts this year. All the same make, model, and color. No varying shades. I work with a MGB parent, and she confirmed that yes, there was indeed a fee for that. No lamentations of pageantry in the blistering heat this time?

I thought they looked fine, and they played and marched well for being game 1. I never before realized that new members had about a week to learn all the music and marching patterns.

• Upvote 1

Both my wife and I liked the casual, but matching band outfits. "Uniform" doesn't mean 1940s styles in hot long pants and extra layers like capes. It just means everyone is wearing the same thing.

I didn't mind Hey baby either. It certainly did not down the mood with the people around us.

Edited by VideoEagle

I usually don't even watch halftime, but I stayed there since I didn't want to miss the All Century team being introduced. (BTW, I think Troy Redwine deserved a spot--sorry he left school as our all-time receiving leader in 1995, plus he caught the game-winning TD with just a few seconds left to beat Oregon State in our return to 1-A). I thought the Green Brigade was awesome at halftime, and yes, because of this board, I noticed that their shirts and shorts all matched. Again, marching bands aren't my thing, but they had a great routine as far as I was concerned.

Playing "Hey Baby" before the 4th quarter is a absolute crowd killer. It brings the intensity and atmosphere of the game down at the time it should be at it's highest.

That's it.

Really?

I think that is a great tradition that bonds the crowd. Generally, the band plays something more pepped up before going back to play.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My hat's off to Nick and the band for a great uniform casual appearance and a great halftime show. Most of all, thanks to the band for flirting with death by sitting the whole game in the brutal sun and temps.

• Upvote 5

I liked what the band was doing, they seemed loosened up and had more fun than in the past, more college style than the "Rush" of bands.

Made for a great game day experience.

For the record, I like Hey Baby, its an old tradition we need to hang on to.

And I dont care at all about uni's. In fact the more casual the better for me.

The thing I noticed most about the band, they have so many members. If it keeps growing at the same rate, NT's attendance problems may be over.

They did their usual great job, but are beginning to look like UT and can cover the whole field.

The matching hot weather unifroms were a big improvement.

Edited by GrandGreen

I noticed that the MGB had matching hats, shirts and shorts this year. All the same make, model, and color. No varying shades. I work with a MGB parent, and she confirmed that yes, there was indeed a fee for that. No lamentations of pageantry in the blistering heat this time?

I thought they looked fine, and they played and marched well for being game 1. I never before realized that new members had about a week to learn all the music and marching patterns.

New members? Naw, it's all members. All members have to learn all of that in a week.

Playing "Hey Baby" before the 4th quarter is a absolute crowd killer. It brings the intensity and atmosphere of the game down at the time it should be at it's highest.

That's it.

Are you kidding me? We could hear most all of the student section joining in. Keep this.

• Upvote 1

New members? Naw, it's all members. All members have to learn all of that in a week.

Are you kidding me? We could hear most all of the student section joining in. Keep this.

Totally agree.

The uni's were fine, except for their enron logo. The University that they represent already has a logo.

Their half-time entrance was better than last year (or several years before), but their pre-game entrance/show still sucks.

Your pre-game is what is supposed to set the tone for the crowd and give them a chance to really get pumped up for the game. We don't do that.

I like "hey Baby" and it has become a tradition. Unfortunately, "Fly Like An Eagle" has also become a tradition(ZZZZZZ}. We do need a new collection of zippy tunes. I have also become quite bored with sideways and backward marching. Because something looks tedious and difficult doesn't mean it is entertaining. While the musical quality of the MGB is excellent, one wishes that they would iust do more with it.

• Downvote 1

Quality wise, they were good, but I thought that they were NOTICEABLY less organized on the 3rd down build-up. The past 2 years they really led the crowd to get up and yell in unison coming into every 3rd down when our defense is on the field.

I kind of wrote it off to the absurd heat more or less sapping the entire crowd of energy. Hopefully they'll be back at it against Ball State---and so will the rest of our crowd.

My hat's off to Nick and the band for a great uniform casual appearance and a great halftime show. Most of all, thanks to the band for flirting with death by sitting the whole game in the brutal sun and temps.

As Bill Mercer used to say......."we never lose a half time show" and that still stands today albeit the Green Brigade had no opponent last Saturday. This should change when some CUSA West Division schools bring their marching bands to Apogee maybe starting with Rice's Marching Owl Band aka "the MOB?

The GB's rendition of "Carry On" is one of my all time favorites. It really brings out the greatness of what we all know we have with this college marching band.

IMO....the UNTCOM should make a Best of the Green Brigade CD available for purchase to our fans at the Apogee Ticket Office and Sports Merchandise Store. I have their 1997 "best of" CD and it absolutely superb!

Great job last Saturday night to the: Best Damn Marching Band in the Land! (Been a huge fan of your organization since the Maurice McAdow era).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen