DT 10th in Nation in Passing Yards

Indeed....last year many said DT didn't have the arm strength to throw the long ball...did anyone notice his long pass to chancellor was more than 50 yrds in the air...DT was outstanding and I hope he knows this is the new level of expectations we have for him.!!!!! Go DT !!

He threw that pass on a dead run, across his body. He has the arm and plenty of it.

• Upvote 1

Indeed....last year many said DT didn't have the arm strength to throw the long ball...did anyone notice his long pass to chancellor was more than 50 yrds in the air...DT was outstanding and I hope he knows this is the new level of expectations we have for him.!!!!! Go DT !!

I never would have thought arm strength, I was concerned about accuracy and release speed.

Again Derek did a great job, Saturday!

• Upvote 2

I never would have thought arm strength, I was concerned about accuracy and release speed.

Again Derek did a great job, Saturday!

This. To me, it seemed like his real problems were with what should have been high percentage plays, and he did fine throwing down field. I am wondering if that long throw to chancellor helped by getting them to play off of our receivers,letting the short to intermediate passes and YAC work for us.

Derek had an unbelievable game...I think for many it will be a relief to see him perform like that against someone other than Idaho though. I can't remember whose post I saw that mentioned this, but I do agree having the extra competition this year, particularly from Dajon Williams, just may have lit an extra bit of fire in Thompson. Keep it up Derek!