Count Down to Kick-Off Thoughts

Mean_Green09

As we approach ever so closer to Saturday I’m not quite sure what I am feeling, am I nervous or excited? Perhaps it’s more like nervous anticipation. Well whatever it is I’m pretty tired of hearing predictions of what UNT will look like. I’m tired of the guessing I’m ready to see this team with my own eyes. I’m ready to not have to rely on second hand sources or the coaches. Don’t get me wrong I love the way our coaches talk. Honestly though would you expect them to say we suck? I know there are plenty of people out there who have reservations about this team. I’m not really feeling ill-will towards to those people because we all know that UNT hasn’t really given us a reason to make those reservations go away.

We’ve had a long time to stew about the QB position. Even though Derek was chosen, I’m not quite sure he made it an easy decision. I’m not sure any guy stood out or really separated. Who knows maybe the competition was just that good, and that’s why it took so long to pick a QB. Let’s all hope it was the later of the two.

Also I’m not quite sure what to expect from Idaho. New coach and new scheme. You just never know how they will respond in the first game. It also doesn’t help that UNT really doesn’t have a previous game to help them prepare.

Finally I think there is no real way to predict how much better this team has gotten. I hope that they have truly gotten better. I hope we get to see a bigger faster stronger team on Saturday night. A team that will help ease our concerns from the offseason. At least until we travel up to Ohio next week.

What are you guys feeling out there?

http://tmgbr.com/2013/08/28/count-down-to-kick-off-thoughts/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I feel really good about the game. Mac teams always seem to play better at home and this is an opponent that we should be able to match up against. I think we will field a deeper team and in the heat this should make a difference.

I am very optimistic about this season. Hope I am right. DT has apparently proven himself to the coaches to get the nod. If he doesn't perform well against Idaho then move on to other options. He has stuck around through some tough times and I think he deserves a shot in his senior year. I think this team has the talent to turn the corner.

• Upvote 1