Let's get this UNT season rolling!

NTEX91

This is my first post on the board and I hope it's the first of many more to come. I have visited the board since 2003 and have read many well thought out posts. I think for the most part, everyone on here supports the Mean Green in victory as well as defeat. I must say I have not been this optimistic at the beginning of a season since 2003. It's been a long time since the four Sun Belt titles and bowl trips, but I believe we are taking steps in the right direction and we WILL WIN the RIGHT WAY! I know there will be some bumps along the way this year as well but I hope we all can be patient with Coach Mac and his staff. I have been a season ticket holder for 22 years and I am back for more. Idaho is the next step forward.

Go Mean Green!

Unconditional loyalty in a fan is great. Good post. Too many now days are band wagon and fickle. But, your last sentence. . .that "next step forward" could be on a landmine. :shocking: The game should be a good one for us to see how much Petrino has changed the team. Lots of new faces.

• Upvote 1

Unconditional loyalty in a fan is great. Good post. Too many now days are band wagon and fickle. But, your last sentence. . .that "next step forward" could be on a landmine. :shocking: The game should be a good one for us to see how much Petrino has changed the team. Lots of new faces.

You sound a little like we did back in 2007. Tepid optimism. We know it all too well around here.

I don't think this will be a 79-10 embarrassment, but you never know...

• Upvote 1

You sound a little like we did back in 2007. Tepid optimism. We know it all too well around here.

I don't think this will be a 79-10 embarrassment, but you never know...

Gwad dang. I just hope we break mid-field in the first half. Ya know, in 2009 we were in a bowl and won it, so it is not like you are welcoming in a program that has never won a game. "79-10, but you never know." Now that is smack, like your rock star is doing over on our board. But we enjoy it. Punt and save the equipment is what I will suggest to Petrino in his radio "call in" show tonight.

• Upvote 2

So, how many ambulances did you order for us? But, I am looking forward to mixing with you guys. It is a great university (UNT --- and I posted about this on our board), with tradition, smart and witty alum/fans and Coach Mac's statement about academics went over big with us. That statement is posted. We like to use our history of academics against that junior college in Boise. But Gwad, can they ever play football. Your banter is classy too.

• Upvote 1

Gwad dang. I just hope we break mid-field in the first half. Ya know, in 2009 we were in a bowl and won it, so it is not like you are welcoming in a program that has never won a game. "79-10, but you never know." Now that is smack, like your rock star is doing over on our board. But we enjoy it. Punt and save the equipment is what I will suggest to Petrino in his radio "call in" show tonight.

We lost our opener 79-10 to Oklahoma under our new coach, Todd Dodge. It was certainly a sign of things to come.

I think your opening game will be more like ours under Coach McCarney--we lost pretty good to FIU in Boca Raton. But we showed improvement as the year progressed. That is what I suspect Petrino will do in Idaho.

• Upvote 2

Thanks. It all makes sense now. Well, we do get $400K to do this gig. Can we cash it there in Denton? Man, that trip back to rustic lil' old Idaho will be a huge bummer. Hope we have enough bodies for Wyoming.

Your kindness almost belies a subdued hope for victory. Almost! Nonetheless, this fat old fan-o-green has enjoyed your gracious posts leading up to this weekend. All the best to you and the Vandals!

Your kindness almost belies a subdued hope for victory. Almost! Nonetheless, this fat old fan-o-green has enjoyed your gracious posts leading up to this weekend. All the best to you and the Vandals!

I like the avatar. My niece in Irving said something about an area to go where there's dino prints, etc. She said it may be one of our day trips, if the group wants to go there. She has an agenda laid out and it really is too much to pick from. Friday, the JFK, Sat. up to Denton, Sunday? Fly out Monday. But her choices are long and fascinating. Enjoy the forum. Always the optimist like we all are.

Chill bro. It wasnt a dig at your team.

In 2007, we were breaking in a new coach and we had been to a bowl game in 2005. Lots of excitement and hope, but no one knew what to expect. The first game: 79-10 VS Oklahoma. Do I think this score will be 79-10 UNT? absolutely not. I'm on record as Idaho covering the spread: UNT-34:ID-23.

I was just commenting that the vibe of your posts is very similar to ours in 2007. I really hope your season doesn't turn out like ours did.

Cheers!

:party0005:

If I were coming in from Idaho, I'd be going to the Rangers game on Friday night.

Don't forget to buy beer from the Mean Green Club member/beer vendor on the row between sections 34-35. Will be in Denton Saturday night. Time to stop selling beer and start drinking beer. Edited by curtisdaa